This Godiva chocolate martini recipe is so delicious and decadent that you’re going to hate me! Why? Because you are going to want to drink a lot of them. This delightful cocktail tastes like a boozy melted milk shake. So here’s my warning. Have one or two and be done. You’ll thank me in the morning.
Okay, so you won’t really hate me. You will love me because this rich, creamy and delicious cocktail will be your new first choice. You just have to apply some self discipline and only drink one. Or two. But never three. They’re 100% booze!
You have been warned. I will not be responsible if you consume more than two! 😉
- I like to garnish this cocktail with chocolate sauce around the rim of the glass and then dip the rim in finely chopped dark chocolate.
- For the garnish, use the chocolate of your choice but I prefer dark chocolate, like Dove brand. (Dark chocolate is my chocolate of choice to eat as candy, too!)
- Dark chocolate also makes the garnish stand out more from the Godiva chocolate martini itself. Milk chocolate will look too much like the drink.
- If you don’t have RumChata you could use Baileys Irish cream instead, but RumChata is definitely the way to go.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make the Godiva chocolate martini
Cut some dark chocolate into very small pieces and place them on a small plate. Stick your finger in chocolate sauce and run it around the rim of your glasses. Dip the rims into the chocolate pieces. Lift the glasses from the chocolate, gently shake any excess chocolate, right the glasses and set aside.
Fill your cocktail shaker half way with ice. As you measure each ingredient below, pour it into the cocktail shaker.
Gather the ingredients – Godiva chocolate liqueur, RumChata liqueur and caramel flavored vodka.
Measure 4 ounces of Godiva chocolate liqueur.
Measure 4 ounces of RumChata liqueur.
Measure 4 ounces of kissed caramel vodka.
Cap your shaker and shake for at least 20 seconds.
Strain and divide between the martini glasses. Oh! And lookie loo, there’s more in the shaker! If this happens to you, grab a little glass and pour it in. I always love a sidecar of yumminess.
Let’s look at the vertical view!
Let’s look at the Godiva chocolate martini in the other glass.
I take a sip and hand it to Christopher!
I hope you enjoyed this chocolate martini recipe!
Sharing is caring! So, why don’t you leave me a comment!
Other decadent cocktails on Dishes Delish
And as always, may all your dishes/drinks be delish!
If you’ve tried this recipe, I’d love the know what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Godiva Chocolate Martini
- 4 ounces Godiva chocolate liqueur
- 4 ounces RumChata liqueur
- 4 ounces caramel vodka
- 1 teaspoon chocolate sauce
- 1 dove chocolate (chopped finely)
- Fill cocktail shaker 1/2 way with ice and add chocolate liqueur, RumChata and vodka
- Add Godiva chocolate liqueur, RumChata and caramal vodka
- Cap shaker and shake 20 seconds
- Divide and strain liquid into the martini glasses. Be careful not to touch the garnished rims (and if there is extra, pour into a little sidecar glass)
- I like to garnish this with chocolate sauce around the rim and then dipped in finely chopped chocolate.
- Use chocolate of your choice but I prefer dark chocolate like the Dove brand. Dark chocolate is my chocolate of choice to eat too.
- Using dark chocolate instead of milk is perfect because of the color difference between the Godiva chocolate martini and the garnish. Milk chocolate will look too much like the drink and not stand out as much.
- If you don’t have RumChata you could use Baileys Irish cream, but RumChata is definitely the way to go.
Originally published December of 2016.