This gnocchi with sauce recipe is perfect! Delicious little pillows of happiness mixed with sausage, butter and sage sauce which gives it such a heavenly taste!!
After reposting my how to make gnocchi post last Monday, I planned on posting this delicious gnocchi in sauce recipe a few weeks from that post, but I got a bunch of requests from my readers for the recipe so here it is dear peeps.
Gnocchi with Sauce In my Tummy
Imagine sticking your fork in a few of these pillows of happiness (aka, gnocchi), twirling them around in the wine, butter and sage sauce and bringing the fork up to your face to place the gnocchi lovingly in your mouth!
You bite down on these soft little pillows and squeal in delight because that’s how delicious they are.
Why this recipe is so good:
- Homemade gnocchi
- Delicious sausages
- Wine mixed with butter and sage which makes the best sauce
How to make Gnocchi with Sauce
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a small jelly roll pan with foil and place the sausages on the pan and bake for 25 minutes.
Ten minutes before the sausages are done, set some water on to boil and make your gnocchi!
Process shots for the GwS:
- Chopped onion, sausages in the background and gnocchi ready to me cooked
- Onions and garlic sautéed for 9 minutes in a wok
- Butter, broth, wine and sage added to the onions
- Sausages done
I cut the sausage in slices and set aside.
By now, the water is boiling so I add the gnocchi to the water, stir it and wait for the gnocchi to float to the top of the water. It takes about 5 minutes. As the gnocchi floats, I fish the pillows of happiness out and place them in the wok. I also place the sausage in with the gnocchi.
Gnocchi with Sauce is Ready
I stir the mixture around until all the gnocchi are coated with the wine, butter and sage sauce.
Mmmmmmm! Time to plate the gnocchi with sauce for Christopher and me. I shave some Parmesan cheese on top of the gnocchi.
And then I serve it. Christopher cries with happiness. I sob alongside him.
Other Popular Pasta dishes on Dishes Delish:
I hope you enjoyed this gnocchi with sauce recipe!
Please feel free to leave me a comment telling me what your favorite gnocchi dish is.
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this gnocchi with sauce or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line jelly roll pan with foil and place sausages on it
- Bake for 25 minutes, when done cut sausages in slices
- Put water on to boil and salt it
- Heat a large sauté pan or wok on medium
- Add oil
- Add onion, salt and sauté for 8 minutes
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute
- Add butter, wine, chicken broth and sage leaves, stir until combined and turn off heat
- Add gnocchi to water and stir
- Once the start to float to the top of the water, fish them out and place in the wok
- Stir until combined
- Plate with a veggie
Start the sausages first and while they are cooking you can prepare the rest of the meal.