This chocolate eggnog martini recipe is such a wonderful combination of Kahlúa, vanilla vodka and eggnog! It’s smooth as silk and so balanced you have to remind yourself there’s liquor in it.
Something that’s very hard for me to do is choose my favorite holiday cocktail. There are so many good ones!
I guess what it comes down to is what I’m in the mood for:
- If I want something hot, I’ll make the Snowplow Cocktail.
- If I want something frozen and pretty, I’ll go with the Jack Frost Cocktail.
- If I feel like something fun and sweet, I’m all over the Chocolate Candy Cane Martini.
BUT, when I’m feeling like a cocktail that is totally balanced and goes down super smooth, then I’ll make this delicious chocolate eggnog martini.
You have to be careful when imbibing it, though, because you might forget you’re drinking liquor. Just a warning!
Kahlúa is coffee flavored, so why the chocolate title?
Although Kahlúa is sold as a coffee liqueur, it tastes a lot like mocha (coffee + chocolate) to me. And in my opinion, Kahlúa is perfect in this recipe, because you need its bolder-than-chocolate flavor to balance the rich eggnog’s. But if you prefer a pure chocolate taste, then go with a Godiva chocolate liqueur.
What if I don’t have vanilla vodka?
If you don’t have vanilla vodka, you can certainly use plain vodka. (The martini just won’t have that extra little oomph!)
Can I use another flavor?
Yes! Another awesome flavor to use is caramel flavored vodka. It is a good alternative if you don’t mind that it sweetens the eggnog martini somewhat.
Tips on making the Chocolate Eggnog Martini:
- Some people make their own eggnog. I (usually) do not. If you are only going to serve a few of these cocktails, it’s easier to buy eggnog from the store
- Use a sprinkling of nutmeg as the garnish. It doesn’t need anything else
- If I’m serving this at a holiday party, I will make it in a small punch bowl. People adore the eggnog martini served this way.
- When serving the martini punch-style, lay out some nutmeg in a pinch bowl so your guests can take a pinch and sprinkle it on the cocktail themselves.
- I find that using a shaker of nutmeg puts too much spice on the cocktail
How to Mix the Chocolate Eggnog Martini
Fill your cocktail shaker halfway with ice and get your martini glasses.
After you measure out the ingredients, pour them into the cocktail shaker.
Step one: Gather the ingredients – Vanilla vodka, Kahlúa and eggnog.
Step two: Measure out 3 ounces of Kahlúa.
Step three: Measure 2 ounces of vanilla vodka.
Step four: Measure out 8 ounces of eggnog.
Step five: Cap the shaker and shake for 20 seconds. Divide the chocolate eggnog martini between two martini glasses.
Step six: Sprinkle ground nutmeg on the top of the cocktail.
Doesn’t that look scrumptious?
Let’s look at the vertical view.
I hope you enjoyed this chocolate eggnog martini recipe!
If you’ve tried this Chocolate Eggnog Martini I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
With only 3 ingredients, this eggnog martini is smooth and perfect to serve around the holidays!
- 3 ounces Kahlúa
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 8 ounces eggnog
Fill cocktail shaker halfway with ice
Add Kahlúa, vanilla vodka and eggnog
Cap shaker and shake for 20 seconds and strain the contents between the two martini glasses
Sprinkle nutmeg in both of the glasses