This chocolate candy cane martini recipe is sweet, festive and a great sipping cocktail. If you love mint cocktails, you are going to love this one. Impress your guests by serving this at your next holiday party.
I’m not a huge fan of peppermint schnapps as I imbibed too much of it one fateful night in college. But over time, I’ve come to appreciate adding this minty alcohol in cocktails with other ingredients, instead of drinking it straight like I did way back then.
The mixture of the chocolate taste of the creme de cacao, combined with the vanilla vodka meld perfectly with the peppermint schnapps.
Want an even mintier taste, add the optional candy cane as garnish in the cocktail. My advice is to sip it first without the candy addition so you can see if you’d enjoy having more of a minty taste or like it just the way it is. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make a candy cane martini
For the garnish: Crush 1 – 2 candy canes with either the back of a big spoon or with a mortar and pestle.
Place the pieces in a dish and wet the outside of the rim of a martini glass with simple syrup.
Place the martini glass in the crushed candy canes. Shake of the extra candy and place the glass in the freezer.
After measuring out the ingredients, pour into the shaker.
Get the ingredients – vanilla vodka, creme de cacao, and the dreaded peppermint schnapps.
Measure 3 ounces of vanilla vodka.
Measure out 1 ½ ounces of creme de cacao.
Measure out 1 ounce of peppermint schnapps.
Take the martini glass out of the freezer.
Cap the shaker and shake for 15 seconds. Strain the liquid in the frosty glass. Be careful not to touch the candied rim with the liquid.
Look at how cloudy it is. That’s from the microchips of ice you create when you shake the cocktail.
Now for the vertical view.
I lift it and take a sip. Soooooo good.
I hope you enjoyed this candy cane martini recipe.
Other holiday drinks
And as always, may all your dishes/drinks be delish!
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Holiday Chocolate Candy Cane Martini
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 1 ½ ounces creme de cacao
- 1 ounce peppermint schnapps
- 1 small candy cane (crushed and put on a small plate to rim the glass)
- 2 small candy canes (this is optional – placing them in the cocktail will make the minty taste more intense. Taste it without or hang them on the rim to taste the cocktail as is.)
- Wet your finger with simple syrup and rub it on the glass rim inside and out.
- Roll it into the crushed candy canes so it completely covers the rim.
- Place martini glass in the freezer.
- Get cocktail shaker and fill it half way with ice.
- Add vanilla vodka, creme de cacao and peppermint schnapps.
- Cap cocktail shaker and shake for 15 seconds.
- Get glass out of the freezer and strain liquid into glass.
- Hang the candy cane on the rim of the glass or add to the drink