This snow plow cocktail recipe is delicious, warm and satisfying! It’s like drinking a boozy hot chocolate and so incredibly comforting.
Nothing is more comforting than coming into the house after shoveling snow and having hot chocolate.
But add booze to the hot chocolate and you almost can’t wait to go outside to flip a few shovelfuls of snow just so you can have this delicious cocktail.
I’m not sure why they call it the snow plow. Maybe because of the whipped cream? But don’t most hot chocolate recipes have whipped cream?
Indeed they do.
Maybe they named it the snow plow because after a long day of plowing snow, you will need to have this cocktail just to relax.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
- You are going to be building this cocktail directly in the mug.
- Even though you see two cocktails in this post, I will keep the recipe to the ingredients you will need for one cocktail.
How to make a snow plow cocktail
You are going to build this cocktail directly in the mugs, so after you measure out the ingredients, add to the glassware.
Gather the ingredients – hot chocolate mix, Irish cream, creme de cacao and coconut rum. (A)
Measure 1 ounces of Irish cream. (B)
Measure .5 ounce of creme de cacao. (C)
Measure 1 ounce of coconut rum. (D)
You can see the ingredients in the mugs. (E)
Time to make the hot chocolate.
Follow the directions on the bottle or container. Make sure you make enough to fill your mug. Also, I made my hot chocolate with milk, not water.
Before it comes to a boil, take it off the heat and pour the hot chocolate into the mug to join the alcohol. (F)
Time to add the whipped cream. Be as generous as you want.
This is optional – take a couple of pinches of cocoa powder and sprinkle it on the whipped cream.
I wanted more powder. Notice how much the whipped cream melted.
Let’s look at a vertical view.
I hope you enjoyed this snow plow cocktail recipe!
Other comforting cocktails
And as always, may all your dishes/drinks be delish!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Snow Plow Cocktail
- 1 ounce Bailey’s Irish cream (or other Irish cream)
- 1 ounce coconut rum
- 1/2 ounce creme de cacao
- 10 ounces hot chocolate (or different amount if your glass is smaller)
- whipped cream
- cocoa powder
- In your mug, add Bailey’s, rum, creme de cacao and hot chocolate1 ounce Bailey’s Irish cream, 1 ounce coconut rum, 1/2 ounce creme de cacao, 10 ounces hot chocolate
- Top with whipped creamwhipped cream
- Sprinkle a little cocoa powder in the whipped cream (optional)cocoa powder
Originally published on March of 2017.