This hot toddy is perfect for when you have a cold! It’s medicinal, peeps! Medicinal!!
Hot toddy in your face. Why would you need it in your face? When you have a cold, silly! Haven’t you heard how medicinal this is?
Medicinal and delicious!
- Bourbon – weight loss, prevents dementia, fights cancer, protects your heart, reduces internal clotting, controls diabetes, and boosts immune system.
- Lemon juice – loaded with vitamins and minerals, antioxidant rich, cancer fighting properties, prevents diabetes, treats indigestion, treats fever, hair care, skin care, weight loss and soothes respiratory disorders, helps throat infections and controls blood pressure.
- Honey – rich in vitamins and minerals, weight loss, boosts energy, has antioxidants, natural cough syrup, speeds wound healing and improves athletic performance
See how beneficial drinking a hot toddy is? Doesn’t it make you want to run to the liquor cabinet the next time you feel the sniffles coming on?
It does me!
Some people put tea in their hot toddy, but I never do. Why? Because, shhhhhhh, don’t tell anyone, but I don’t like tea.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make the hot toddy
Put some water on to boil.
After measuring out the ingredients, add them to the glass.
Gather the ingredients – bourbon, lemon and honey.
Measure 2 ounces of bourbon.
Measure 3/4 ounce of the lemon juice. Also cut a lemon wheel for garnish.
Measure 1 tablespoon of honey and place the spoon in the glass.
Measure 1 cup of freshly boiled water.
Pour the water into the glass and use the tablespoon to stir all the ingredients together. The water will melts the honey!
Place the lemon wheel in the glass.
Let’s see the vertical view!
I cough a few times before I pick the glass up and sip the delicious hot toddy. Do I have to cough? No, but I’m getting into character.
Other popular bourbon drinks
I hope you enjoyed this hot toddy recipe! Just remember it when you have your next cold. It really does make you feel better!
And as always, may all your dishes/drinks be delish!
If you’ve tried this hot toddy or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Hot Toddy | Perfect for Cold Season
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup boiling water
- Lemon wheel any thickness
- Get your rocks glass
- Add bourbon, lemon juice, honey and boiled water
- Stir until combined and honey has melted
- Plop lemon wheel in glass
- Feel better