This ginger mojito cocktail recipe is delicious. Grapefruit vodka combines nicely with the ginger simple syrup and mint and makes for a fun and refreshing cocktail.
I had this vodka ginger mojito at our cousin’s house. She made it because she’d enjoyed something similar at a function.
I’m always adventurous when it comes to food and cocktails because not only do I like most things but I don’t mind trying something and declaring that I don’t like it.
One of the things that I used to not like but do now is ginger. So, when our cousin said she was going to make this cocktail, I thought, “oh-oh.”
But like I said, I’m always game to try something.
And I’m glad I did. It’s delicious and I ended up having two which makes me a great guest. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
- If you can’t find grapefruit vodka, use regular vodka. But there are plenty of brands out there that sell the grapefruit version.
- Ginger simple syrup is delicious and lasts a long time without refrigeration. It takes less than 10 minutes to make and is worth it.
- I tend to use less simple syrup in my cocktails. I use 1.5 ounces but you can go up to 2 ounces if you like. But make it first as the recipe states and add it if you don’t think it’s sweet enough.
How to make a ginger mojito
After measuring out the ingredients, pour them into the shaker.
Gather the ingredients – ruby red grapefruit vodka, lime, ginger infused simple syrup, mint and club soda.
Add 6 mint leaves to the shaker. Measure out 1 ounce of lime juice and 1 ½ ounces of ginger simple syrup.
Pour the lime and simple syrup into the shaker and take a muddler and squish the mint until it is fragrant. It takes about a minute or two.
Fill the double old fashioned glass with ice.
Measure out 2 ounces of grapefruit vodka.
Cap the shaker and shake for 10 seconds.
Pour over the ice and into the glass.
Fill the glass with club soda and top with a few leaves of fresh mint.
I hope you enjoyed this grapefruit ginger mojito cocktail recipe!
Other cocktails with mint
And as always, may all your dishes/drinks be delish.
If you’ve tried this recipe, I’d love the know what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Ginger Mojito Cocktail
- Place mint, and ginger simple syrup in cocktail shaker.12 mint leaves, 2 ounces ginger infused simple syrup
- Take muddler and muddle everything in the shaker until you can smell the mint.
- Add grapefruit vodka, fresh lime juice, cap shaker and shake 15 seconds.4 ounces grapefruit vodka, 2 ounce lime juice
- Fill the glass with ice and pour, strain, and divide the mojito between the two glasses.
- Pour club soda to the top of the glasses. And take a spoon and stir briskly. Add 3 fresh mint leaves and squeeze each lime wedge to each glass.club soda, 2 wedges lime, 6 mint leaves
- If you don’t have a muddler, a good alternative is using the back of a wooden spoon.
- If you don’t have time to make your own homemade grapefruit vodka, Absolut has a great version.
- Ginger simple syrup is delicious and lasts a long time in the refrigerator. It takes less than 20 minutes to make and is worth it. Just make sure to make it at least an hour before starting the recipe. Or better yet, make the day before.