This baked bacon wrapped shrimp recipe is a most popular appetizer indeed. The shrimp is marinated in a delicious sauce and then wrapped in bacon before being baked to perfection!
Are you looking for a great appetizer to serve during the holidays? Look no further, this bacon wrapped shrimp is so delicious and very easy to make! Your guests will be standing at the stove waiting with appetizer plates at the ready!
I’ve often talked about being an appetizer person. I love appetizers so much that I could eat them for dinner! What about you? Could you make a meal out of just appetizers? Let me know in the comment section!
What makes these bacon wrapped shrimp so delicious? Three things: shrimp, marinade and bacon. So, I guess what I’m saying is that everything about this appetizer is delicious.
- Use nitrate free bacon. I always use uncured bacon and believe me when I say this, you won’t taste a difference and uncured makes for cleaner eating. If you are interested in why, here is a great article
- Cut the bacon in half, that way you can eat more of this dish without feeling guilty
- It’s okay to use frozen shrimp, but make sure you take it out a half hour before you start the recipe
- When removing the shells, take off the tail as well
- Use jumbo shrimp as both the shrimp and bacon shrink when you bake them
- Marinate the shrimp for at least a half hour
- Since shrimp cooks faster than bacon, pre-bake the bacon for 8 minutes. This also makes it easier to roll
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make bacon wrapped shrimp
Defrost frozen shrimp by taking the shrimp out 30 minutes before starting. Place the shrimp in a colander and run cold water on them every 5 minutes. Peel shrimp and make sure to devein them. Also gather maple syrup and soy sauce for the marinade
Place shrimp in a glass container and pour soy sauce and maple syrup on top. Mix together until the shrimp is covered with the marinade. Cover the glass container and place in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place bacon on a foil lined jelly roll pan and bake for 8 minutes
Put a few paper towels on a large plate and place the bacon on the paper towels. Blot the bacon to remove grease and cut each slice in half
Remove dirty foil from jelly roll pan and line the pan with a fresh sheet of foil
Wrap each shrimp with the bacon and secure with a toothpick
Bake for 5 minutes, flip bacon wrapped shrimp and bake for 5 more minutes
After the bacon wrapped shrimp is done cooking, serve immediately.
Christopher and I ate these bacon wrapped shrimp with baked tomatoes and chips and salsa. Very satisfying.
Time to plate some and start eating.
Other popular shrimp recipes
I hope you enjoyed this bacon wrapped shrimp recipe!
What do you like wrapped in bacon? Leave me a comment to let me know.
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this bacon wrapped shrimp or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp jumbo, shelled and de-veined
- 1 1/2 ounces soy sauce
- 1 1/2 ounces maple syrup
- 12 slices bacon uncured, nitrate free
- Add shrimp to a glass container and add maple syrup and soy sauce. Toss together, seal container and put in refrigerator for 1/2 hour
- Preheat oven to 375 and line jelly roll pan with foil. Place bacon on foil and bake for 8 minutes. Remove bacon from pan and pat with paper towel to remove grease. Cut bacon in half
- Reline jelly roll pan with foil
- Wrap each shrimp in bacon, secure it with a toothpick, place on jelly roll pan and bake for 5 minutes, flip shrimp and bake for another 5 minutes. Shrimp should be pink and bacon will be slightly crispy