This is my brother and sister-in-law’s chili cheese dip recipe. It’s creamy, cheesy and so delicious that it gets devoured within minutes of coming out of the oven.
When we went to my brother and sister-in-law’s house recently, they served us this dip. I wanted to bring lobster dip, but Bob said, “Wait until you taste this.”
I was intrigued. So, I froze the ingredients to my lobster dip and waited patiently.
They call it “Loomis Dip,” because my brother works at Loomis Chaffe, a private school. They also call it “team dip” since they serve it to the girl’s swim team, which my brother coaches.
I call it “Deliciousness in a Casserole Dish.” But I knew I couldn’t name it that either because no one would find it when they looked up “chili cheese dip” on the Internet. So, chili cheese dip it is.
With only three ingredients, this is a super easy recipe that takes very little time to prepare. And it is so delicious that my brother says the swim team girls fight over who gets to lick the bowl after it’s been gobbled up.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
- The recipe calls for a can of chili without beans, but if you love beans, it’s fine to use chili with beans. It’s also fine to use homemade chili!
- This recipe also calls for mozzarella cheese, but the next time I make this delicious dip, I will be using a mixture of mozzarella and shredded sharp cheddar.
- My brother made this in a 9 inch pie plate, but I chose to use a see-through casserole dish.
- This recipe serves 5 people comfortably as an appetizer, so if you have more guests than that, double the recipe.
How to make chili cheese dip
Take the cream cheese out at least a half hour before you start preparing this dip so it’s easier to spread evenly.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and take out your casserole dish or pie plate.
Gather the ingredients – softened cream cheese, can of chili and mozzarella cheese.
Spread the cream cheese in the bottom of the casserole dish.
Spread the chili on top of the cream cheese.
Sprinkle mozzarella (or cheddar cheese) over the chili.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Let’s see another view of this chili cheese dip.
And the overhead view.
Now it’s time to serve it to your adoring guests!!
I hope you enjoyed this chili cheese dip recipe.
Other popular dip recipes
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this recipe, I’d love the know what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Chili Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 15 ounces chili (1 can, no beans)
- 1.5 cups mozzarella (shredded) (or sharp cheddar, shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spread cream cheese in casserole dish or pie plate
- Add can of chili
- Add shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Serve with some chips