This delicious and cheesy beef chile con queso recipe is one of my favorites. So cheesy yet with a nice amount of beef that it makes for a perfect dip for your chips!
Would you look at that string of cheese? One of the things I love about this dip is that when you stick your chip in it and scoop, you get a real mouthful. There is just the right amount of beef to this cheesy and delicious dip.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
- Use grass-fed beef as it truly has a superb taste. Once you go grass-fed, you’ll never go back.
- Don’t be in a hurry for the cheese to melt, you don’t want to burn the cheese.
- I like to dip various things into the chile con queso, not just chips. I cut up a flour tortilla and sometimes I dip fresh cut veggies.
How to make queso dip
Gather the ingredients – grass fed beef, purple onion, green chilis, Velveeta cheese, cumin, salt and pepper. (A)
Mince a quarter of the purple onion.
Heat a sauté pan on medium and add olive oil. Once that heats up, add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
Add the beef, cumin, salt and pepper. Break up the meat into little pieces as it cooks with a metal spatula. Sauté beef for 5 minutes. (B)
Transfer the beef to a bowl and set aside.
Add the Mexican cheese, Velveeta and half a can of green chilis into the pan. Lower the heat to medium low and stand there stirring the cheese as it melts. (C)
Spoon some beef and some of the pico de gallo on top of the queso. (D)
Stir it all up and transfer the cheese mixture into a bowl.
Gather some chips, cut up a flour tortilla, and take out the pico de gallo and guacamole.
Garnish the top of the chile con queso with some more pico de gallo.
I take a chip and dip it in the cheesy goodness.
I hope you enjoyed this beef chile con queso recipe!
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Beef Chile con Queso Dip
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ purple onion diced
- ½ pound grass fed beef
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 8 ounces Velveeta cut into chunks
- 12 ounces Mexican cheese
- 2 ounces green chilis (½ can)
- Pico de gallo
- Tortilla chips
- Heat a sauté pan on medium, add olive oil.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes
- Add beef and sauté for 5 minutes, breaking it up in smaller pieces as it cooks
- Transfer beef into a bowl and set aside
- Lower heat under pan and add the two cheeses and the chili peppers
- Stand there and stir the cheese mixture as it melts
- Add as much as the beef as you like and spoon some pico de gallo on top
- Stir mixture together
- Spoon it into the bowl and spoon some more pico de gallo on top
- Dip a chip
- Eat the beefy cheese covered chip
- Use grass-fed beef as it truly has a superb taste. Once you go grass-fed, you’ll never go back
- Don’t be in a hurry for the cheese to melt, you don’t want to burn the cheese
- I like to dip various things into the chile con queso, not just chips. I cut up a flour tortilla and sometimes I dip fresh cut veggies
- It’s also fun to dollop some guacamole on your cheese filled chip