This dark chocolate almond butter marshmallow cups are so delicious! Why? Because they also have gooey caramel and delicious cashew butter!
As you probably already know, I’m a chocoholic. And when you add caramel, marshmallow and a nut butter to that chocolate – ooo, la-la!
It makes me want to do a dance.
The combination of these ingredients is nicely balanced. You take a bite and the chocolate is crunchy, the marshmallow is gooey, the caramel is slightly chewy and the almond butter melts in your mouth.
I keep these in the fridge or freezer because in the summer months, they would melt if left on the counter.
I mention in another blog post about taking food to my nephew’s recent housewarming party. Well, this is one of the things I took. They were gobbled up, tout de suite. My niece Elizabeth, loves sweets like I do and she took a bite, looked at me and said, “This is so good!”
I nodded and smiled.
It was fun to witness the chocolate smiles on the sides of everyone’s mouth. When I ate mine after I made these, Christopher laughed because not only did I have chocolate at the sides of my mouth, I had marshmallow on my chin.
Charming! I do well at parties and you can take me anywhere.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
- You can use whatever nut butter is on hand. Cashew butter, almond butter or peanut butter
- If you can, use parchment paper cups, so easy to peel off the marshmallow cups
- Melt half the chocolate for the first layer
How to make dark chocolate caramel marshmallow cups
Get your muffin pan out and line it with muffin papers!
- Nut butter, fluff and chocolate – (I photographed almond butter. But, I used cashew butter. I changed my mind because I felt like using the cashew butter up)
- Melted chocolate in the bottom of the muffin paper – next step – freeze for 10 minutes – at the end of the 10 minutes, start melting the rest of the chocolate
- A good dollop of cashew butter on top
- Homemade caramel placed on nut butter
- Dollop fluff on top of each caramel
By the time I’m done adding the marshmallow fluff, the chocolate on the stove has finished melting.
More process shots
- Spoon chocolate on top of the marshmallow. Place in freezer for 10 minutes
- Fresh out of the freezer
We are ready to eat, peeps!!
I take each dark chocolate caramel marshmallow cups out of the muffin pan and pile them on a plate. Wait, all but one cup which I unwrap and put on a plate, anticipating eating it.
Now, I take a knife and cut into my plated cashew cup because I want to eat it STAT!
But first I have to take another photo.
Now I ate it.
I hope you enjoyed this dark chocolate caramel marshmallow cups recipe.
And may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this marshmallow cups recipe, I’d love the know what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Dark Chocolate Caramel Marshmallow Cups
- 24 ounces bittersweet chocolate 60% or bittersweet, divided and melted
- 12 teaspoons Cashew butter or nut butter of choice
- 12 Caramel see recipe link or (use store bought, cut in thin slices)
- 12 teaspoons Marshmallow Fluff
- Melt 12 onces of chocolate over a double boiler or in microwave
- Line muffin tins with parchment paper cups
- Evenly spoon chocolate in muffin cups
- Place pan in freezer for 10 minutes
- Start melting the rest of the chocolate
- Take muffin pan out of freezer
- Spoon a dollop of cashew butter on chocolate
- Place a caramel on top of the nut butter
- Spoon a dollop af marshmallow fluff on each caramel
- Spoon the rest of the melted chocolate on top of the marshmallow fluff
- Place pan in freezer
- Unwrap a nut butter cup
- Either cut it in half with a knife as not to break teeth or bite into it