This apple walnut cake recipe is a family favorite! It is supremely moist, chockful of apples and walnuts and so delicious that you will want to make it weekly during the fall.
The best things about this Apple Walnut cake
- This cake is so moist. No dry cake for you
- If this cake isn’t eaten at one meal, it gets even more moist
- It is perfectly balanced in flavor and tastes like an Autumn day
- Even if you are a chocolate lover, you won’t miss chocolate when you are eating this cake, at least until it’s finished
- It is thick and satisfying so you won’t need more than one piece
Other Popular cake recipes on Dishes Delish:
How to make Apple Walnut cake
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and liberally grease and flour a 9 x 9 pan. Also get 2 mixing bowls and another mixing bowl.
Step 1: Cut apples in chunks, add to mixing bowl, add sugar and mix with a spatula until apples are covered
Step 2: In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, oil and vanilla until incorporated
Step 3: Add wet ingredients, dry ingredients and walnuts to the apple mixture and mix with your spatula
Step 4: Transfer the apple batter into the greased and floured pan
Step 5: Bake for 50 minutes
Process shots for the AWC:
- Apples, sugar and flour
- Chunks of apples and mixed with sugar
- Eggs, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder
- All the ingredients mixed together and placed in the pan
- Apple walnut cake fresh out of the oven
Cut in squares and get ready to plate a delicious piece of apple walnut cake.
Time to look at a forkful.
You can see how moist the apple cake is in this next photo.
I hope you enjoyed this apple walnut cake recipe!
What is your favorite moist cake?
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this apple walnut cake or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
- 4 macintosh apples peeled, cored and sliced into smallish chunks
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Combine apples, sugar and cinnamon, combine and set aside
Whisk together the eggs, oil and vanilla until combined
In the mixing bowl with the apples and sugar, add the dry ingredients and chopped walnuts and stir until just combined
Transfer the apple batter to the pan and bake 50 minutes or until done
- Cut a piece
- Plate a piece
- Eat a piece
Not sure why I don't cut the apple into pieces before I add the sugar and cinnamon. You can do that. Also choose what size of apple chunks you would like in your cake. I prefer big!