This chocolate pistachio cake recipe is one of my favorite cakes. It’s so moist, delicious and decadent that I you’re going to love it.
Confession of a 50-something year old
I was at my great nephew’s one year old birthday party and while speaking to a family friend about this cake, I told him that I had put a layer of Fluff on it.
His eyes widened and he said, “You have Fluff in your kitchen cabinet?”
I looked at him and said, “I always have a container of Fluff in my house.”
He said, “Wow, cool.”
Thinking back on that conversation, I realize that others might think it odd that a woman my age, who doesn’t have children, would have this decadent food in her house. This is a children’s food item. At least to the world.
Fluff even has its own website. Can you believe?
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make this chocolate cake
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Gather the ingredients – sprouted spelt flour, almond flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
Add the ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine them with a pastry blender. I find this is the easiest way to combine the ingredients.
Add olive oil, water, apple cider vinegar and vanilla.
Stir with a rubber spatula until the batter is just mixed.
Add pistachios and stir until just incorporated.
Pour the batter into the greased pan. (A)
Bake for 35 minutes. (B)
Let the cake cool for at least 10 minutes before taking it out of the pan.
Spread the Fluff on the top of the chocolate cake. (C)
Let it cool for an additional 20 minutes. And get the ingredients for the ganache – chocolate chips and coconut milk. (D)
Place the chocolate chips and milk in a small saucepan and heat them up until they are completely melted.
Pour the ganache (E) on the cake and sprinkle some pistachios on top. (F)
Time to cut into it.
And to eat a bite or two of the chocolate cake.
Isn’t it a thing of beauty? And it is super duper delicious!
I hope you enjoyed this chocolate pistachio cake recipe.
Other popular cake recipes
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Chocolate Pistachio Cake with Marshmallo
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup pistachios
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff or more
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Handful of pistachios
In a Mixing Bowl
- Preheat oven to 375 F, and grease the 8 inch round pan
- Combine all the dry ingredients (flours, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt)
- Add all the wet ingredients (vanilla, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and water) and stir until just combined
- Add pistachios and mix until just combined
- Pour batter into pan
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes until done
- Let cake rest in pan for 10 minutes
- Remove cake to a wire rack and spread Fluff on cake. Be generous!
- Let the cake cool for 20 more minutes
- Add chocolate chips and coconut milk to a sauce pan and heat until combined
- Pour ganache over top of the cake and sprinkle pistachios on the ganache
- Cut cake
- Eat a piece