This truly is a very yummy vodka pasta sauce recipe. The flavors are just fantastic together. And what makes it even better, is that it is super easy to make.
I’m always wanting to change up what I put on pasta but I’m somewhat limited as I think I’ve mentioned before that Christopher is lactose intolerant. So, most cream based sauces are out. I have used some coconut cream in this recipe which is fine, but personally, I wouldn’t want to do a cream sauce with coconut as the base. But this is tomato based, so all is good!
On to the Vodka Pasta Sauce recipe
I start with chopping an onion and mincing some garlic.
I heat a sauté pan on medium heat and add some olive oil.
I add the onions and let them sauté for 7 minutes, then I add the garlic and salt and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
Time for my favorite part: The vodka!
I measure out a cup of this yummy liquid.
I pour it into the onion mixture and bring it to a boil. You are going to reduce it by half, so you need to cook it for 5 minutes.
Time to gather the rest of the ingredients, which includes crushed tomatoes, chicken broth and coconut cream.
Once the vodka has been reduced, I add the tomatoes and chicken broth.
I bring the mixture to a boil again and then I simmer for 10 minutes.
Time for the coconut cream. If you are not lactose intolerant, you can use heavy cream at this point.
I take 1/2 cup of cream and pour it in the pan.
I stir it all up and let it heat for about 3 minutes, until it thickens a little bit.
Time to ladle it on your favorite pasta.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as Christopher and I do. Feel free to share any photo on Pinterest or Yum the recipe to Yummly (button on the top of the post). And leave me a comment if you make this delightful vodka pasta sauce recipe.
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
- 1 onion large, diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup vodka
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Dice onion and mince the garlic
- Heat a heavy sauté pan
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil
- Add onion and sauté for 7 minutes
- Add garlic and salt and sauté for 3 minutes
- Add 1 cup of vodka to pan and bring to boil
- Allow to boil for 5 minutes to reduce it somewhat
- Add crushed tomatoes and chicken stock and bring to a boil
- Lower heat to simmer for 10 minutes
- Add coconut cream or heavy cream
- Stir until thickened, around 3 minutes
- Take off heat and ladle on pasta
- Be content