This beautiful Boston lettuce salad recipe is chockfull of vegetables and flavor. It’s fun, pretty and delicious.
I love most salads. And I have to say that I love this beautiful beautiful Boston lettuce vegetable salad, too. And no, that isn’t just because I live near Boston.
Okay, maybe a little.
I find Boston lettuce leaves rather delicate-looking. They are soft and look like little cups, which makes it perfect for little roll ups.
Did you know that Boston lettuce is actually a butterhead lettuce and can be used interchangeably with other butterheads like bib and butter. So, if you look for butterhead lettuce salad or bib salad, you’re talking about the same lettuce. I love these little facts.
How to make a salad with Boston Lettuce
Gather the ingredients – lettuce, avocado, cucumber, orange bell pepper, baked zucchini and tomatoes.
Tear the leaves in bite sized chunks and place them in a medium sized bowl. I also added some basil leaves.
Line the baked herb zucchini in the middle of the salad.
You can use whatever vegetables you like, but this zucchini is very delicious.
Line grape tomatoes beside the zucchini.
Add chopped yellow bell pepper on the other side of the zucchini.
Add cucumber chunks beside the tomatoes.
Cut the avocado in chunks and place it next to the yellow pepper.
I grab the bowls, forks and green goddess dressing and get ready to serve the salad!
Christopher is hovering. I must get a move on.
Christopher picks up the dressing and gets ready to pour.
He’s such a good pourer!
I hope you enjoyed this Boston lettuce salad recipe!
Other popular salad recipes
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this recipe, I’d love the know what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Boston Lettuce Salad
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- ½ cup basil leaves (torn – optional)
- 2 cups baked herb zucchini
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes
- ¼ yellow bell pepper (cut into chunks)
- 1 ½ cup cucumber (cut into chunks)
- 1 avocado (cut into chunks)
- Dressing of choice
- Cut the root nub off the Boston lettuce and wash the leaves
- Tear apart the leaves in bite sized pieces and place in a large salad bowl along with the basil leaves
- Line up the baked zucchini in the middle of the bowl
- Line the tomatoes next beside the zucchini
- On the other side of the zucchini, line it with the yellow pepper
- Line up the cucumber beside the tomatoes
- And lastly place the avocado beside the yellow pepper
- Pour on the dressing