This beautiful Boston lettuce vegetable salad recipe is a fun salad that is not only pretty but delicious!
I love most salads. And I have to say that I love this beautiful beautiful Boston lettuce vegetable salad, too. And no, that isn’t just because I live near Boston.
Okay, maybe a little.
Actually I love it because it’s pretty to look at as well as delicious to eat. Call me superficial but I like pretty things. I find Boston lettuce rather delicate-looking. Do you? Leave me a comment if you agree. I love how soft the lettuce is and how each leaf is like a little cup, which makes it perfect for little roll ups.
But that is not how I’m going to use the lettuce today.
I took a glance once again at the photo above and noticed that there isn’t any lettuce showing! But believe me, it’s there!
On to the Beautiful Boston Lettuce Vegetable Salad
Here is one of the reasons I love Boston lettuce: its little nub of roots.
Isn’t that the cutest thing?
Some people like to remark on the cuteness of babies and puppies, and where I do find them cute, I like to remark on cute food. 🙂
Here’s another photo of the Boston lettuce right side up.
I cut off the cute root nub and mourn its loss. But once I get over it, I rally, pull myself together and wash the lettuce.
Next, I tear the leaves in bite sized chunks and place them in a medium sized bowl. You’ll notice I also snuck in some basil leaves.
Let’s Build the Beautiful Boston lettuce vegetable salad
Now for the exciting part! The building of the salad!
First up, I use the baked herb zucchini. I line it in the middle of the salad to give it the star billing that it deserves!!
Next up, some grape tomatoes. I love me some sweet grape tomatoes!
Let’s bring in some yellow to the salad. I chop up 1/4 of a large yellow pepper and line it right beside the zucchini.
We are getting there! Time to forge on!
I cut up some cucumber into little chunks and place it beside the tomatoes.
Ahhh-voh-cah-doh time, peeps.
I cut up the avocado in chunks and place it next to the yellow pepper.
I grab the bowls, forks and green goddess dressing and get ready to serve the salad!
Christopher is hovering. I must get a move on.
Christopher picks up the dressing and gets ready to pour.
Come on! Pour already Christopher.
He’s such a good pourer!
We ate this salad for a few days and it was so delicious. Fresh as the day I made it! How great is that?
I hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Please feel free to comment, Yum the recipe to Yummly and Pin the photo to Pinterest!
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
Beautiful Boston Lettuce Vegetable Salad
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- 1/2 cup basil leaves torn
- 2 cups baked herb zucchini see link in post
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper cut in chunks
- 1 1/2 cup cucumber chopped into chunks
- 1 avocado cut into chunks
- Dressing of choice mine is green goddess (see link in post)
- Cut the root nub off the Boston lettuce and wash the leaves
- Tear apart the leaves in bite sized pieces and place in a large salad bowl along with the basil leaves
- Line up the baked zucchini in the middle of the bowl
- Line the tomatoes next beside the zucchini
- On the other side of the zucchini, line it with the yellow pepper
- Line up the cucumber beside the tomatoes
- And lastly place the avocado beside the yellow pepper
- Grab your serving bowls
- And your dressing
- Place the salad in the bowl and pour on the dressing
- Eat a forkful
- Exclaim YUM