This arugula spinach strawberry pecan salad recipe offers a great balance of flavors. It’s fresh and delicious, as well as pretty!
Lainey’s hardy appetite
I’m so not the type of person who goes to a restaurant and orders just a salad. It makes me want to laugh hysterically to even think about saying to the waiter, “Just a salad, thank you.”
Christopher would sit there blinking at me, my family would burst into laughter and someone would have to call the people in the white coats to take me away to a padded room.
There is one exception. The Cobb salad. You can see my version here. The reason it is the only exception is because it is a meal in itself. And when I go out to a restaurant, I want a meal, not “just a salad.”
But I will order a side salad like this one. Christopher and I usually share appetizer salads but only if they are bigger salads and not one of those little side salads some restaurants serve. It just wouldn’t do. Christopher would shovel that small salad into his mouth to get his fair share. . . or more.
Ask me how I know!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make arugula spinach strawberry pecan salad
Since there are so many process shot photos to this recipe, I’ve put them into collages.
- Strawberries, spinach, arugula, tomatoes, cucumber and pecans
- Big handful of arugula in the bowls
- Handful spinach added
More process shots of the strawberry pecan salad:
- Cucumbers cut and added
- Tomatoes added
- Strawberries and goat cheese added
- Pecans added on top
All that is left is to dress these beauties with some balsamic vinaigrette dressing and to eat them all up like good girls and boys.
I hope you enjoyed this arugula spinach strawberry pecan salad recipe!
Christopher and I enjoy eating it.
What is your favorite fruit to put on salad? Leave me a comment as I’d love to know.
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
Arugula Spinach Strawberry Pecan Salad
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 10 slices Cucumber any amount that suits you, cut in rounds and cut in half
- 10 Grape tomatoes any amount that suits you, washed and dried
- 4 Strawberries washed, hulled and cut in vertical slices
- 3 tablespoons Goat cheese any amount that suits you
- 2 tablespoons Pecan pieces any amount that suits you
- Whatever dressing you like but Balsamic Vinaigrette is my favorite for this salad
- Place a large handful of arugula and spinach in each bowl
- Place sliced cucumbers on each salad
- Artfully place tomatoes on the salad
- Place sliced strawberries on each salad
- Crumble some goat cheese on each salad
- Sprinkle pecan pieces on salad
- Pour dressing on salad