This chicken curry noodle recipe is a family favorite. The combination of the tasty curry sauce mixed with the succulent chicken and perfectly cooked noodles makes for a delicious and comforting mood.
I think it’s because each of those dishes are robust, delicious and comforting.
The real standout of this dish is the curry sauce. I have always been a bread dipper. And even though there are noodles involved, you will always see me with a fistful of bread or naan that I dip in the sauce between mouthfuls of chicken and noodles.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make chicken curry noodle
Get a deep sauté pan.
Gather the ingredients – We have fish sauce, curry paste, cut up chicken thighs, garlic paste, coconut cream, coconut milk and chicken broth.
Turn the heat under the deep sauté pan to medium and once the pan heats up, add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Once the oil has heated up, add the chicken and stand over it while it cooks, 2 minutes each side for a total of 6 minutes.
It will almost be fully cooked through, but not quite. Remove from pan as you will use that pan for the curry.
Fill a sauce pan with water, 2 – 3 inches deep and set it to boil.
Add a heaping ½ cup of yellow curry paste to the same pan and also add 1 can of coconut cream as well as ½ can of coconut milk, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 2 teaspoons garlic paste and 2 teaspoons ginger paste.
Bring the mixture to a boil and turn it down to a simmer.
By now, the water is boiling so lightly salt it and add a 6 ounce package of chow mein noodles. They only take 5 minutes so set your timer.
Place the chicken in the curry sauce and a few handfuls of spinach and let it simmer as the noodles cook.
Drain the noodles and place them in the pan with the chicken curry.
Mmmm. Doesn’t that look scrumptious? And look at all that curry sauce!
Time to serve some.
Delicious. I hope you enjoyed this chicken curry noodle recipe.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Chicken Curry Noodle
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 chicken thighs (boneless, skinless, cut into 1 – 2 inch pieces)
- ½ cup yellow curry paste (heaping)
- 15 ounces coconut cream
- 7.5 ounces coconut milk (half a can)
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste or (2 cloves, crushed)
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste or (1 – 2 inch piece, minced)
- 6 ounces chow mien noodles (1 package)
- 2 cups baby spinach (or two large handfuls)
- Heat a sauté pan on medium, add olive oil
- Add chicken and sauté it for 6 minutes, stir every 2 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside
- Put 3 inches of water in a sauce pan, lightly salt and set to boil
- In the pan you cooked the chicken, add curry paste, coconut cream, coconut milk, broth, fish sauce, garlic and ginger and bring to a boil
- The water has come to a boil, so add noodles and set timer to 5 minutes
- Lower curry mixture to a simmer and add 2 handfuls spinach and the chicken
- Once the noodles are done, turn off heat under curry
- Drain noodles and add them to the curry mixture. Stir until it is all combined