This herb baked zucchini recipe is incredibly easy and has the perfect blend of herbs and spices that makes it delicious!
Both Christopher and I enjoy this baked zucchini side dish, immensely. In fact, we have it often during the summer months and enjoy it each and every time .
This side dish is delicious both straight out of the oven or cold like I serve it on my Cobb salad.
What makes this dish so good is the blend of herbs make it such an intricate flavor treat for your taste buds.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make herb baked zucchini
Gather the ingredients – zucchini, salt and olive oil.
Wash the zucchini and cut off the ends. Cut each zucchini in 4 or 5 pieces, so each piece should be around one inch long.
Cut each of those pieces in quarters.
Gather the herbs and spices – oregano, basil, tarragon, garlic powder, salt and a little pepper
Get a mixing bowl and add the zucchini and herbs and spices.
Measure out the olive oil and to the zucchini. Mix with a rubber spatula until the zucchini is all covered.
Place each piece of herbed zucchini on the jelly roll pan, skin side down.
See how nicely coated they all are?
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
Here they are, straight out of the oven.
All that is left now is to plate them with some chicken thighs and a dollop of beans.
These zucchini are so succulent and tasty that you will want to eat them first before even touching the other contents of your plate.
I hope you enjoyed this herb baked zucchini recipe.
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this recipe, I’d love the know what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Herb Baked Zucchini
- 3 medium zucchini washed and cut in chunks
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano heaping
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil heaping
- ¼ teaspoon dried tarragon heaping
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder heaping
- ⅛ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/16 teaspoon ground pepper or a few shakes
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven 400 F and line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper
- Cut zucchini in 4 – 5 slices, then cut each slice in half and then half again
- Place the cut zucchini in a large mixing bowl and add the oregano, basil, tarragon, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Add the olive oil and mix thoroughly until all the zucchini is coated
- Place each piece of zucchini skin side down on the pan and bake for 25 – 30 minutes