This is my super easy herb baked zucchini recipe. It is incredibly easy and super duper delicious!
Both Christopher and I enjoy this baked zucchini side dish, immensely. In fact, we both squeal with glee when I say I’m going to make this delish veggie.
I have no doubt that you will be squealing as well when you taste this simple dish. Simple in ingredients, but not in taste. The blend of herbs make it such an intricate flavor treat for your taste buds.
You can eat this zucchini both hot and cold. In fact, one of the ways I serve it is on salad. Oh yeah! Very yummy, indeed.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make herb baked zucchini
I preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
I line a jelly roll pan with some parchment paper.
Then, I grab my medium sized zucchini, wash them and cut the ends off. I then cut each zucchini in 4 or 5 pieces.
Then I cut each of those pieces in quarters. You can see how I cut them below.
Now, I grab all the herbs: oregano, basil, tarragon, garlic powder, salt and a little pepper
Time to dump the zucchini and herbs and spices in a large mixing bowl. I measure out some olive oil and put it on top of the zucchini. I take my trusty rubber spatula and mix it until the zucchini is all covered.
I place each piece of zucchini on the jelly roll pan, skin side down.
See how nicely coated they all are?
Roasty, roasty, roasty!
Roast the zucchini for 25 – 30 minutes.
Here they are, straight out of the oven.
All that is left now is to plate them with some lovely chicken thighs and a dollop of beans.
These zucchini are so succulent and tasty that you will want to eat them first before even touching the other contents of your plate.
I know it’s what I want to do. Is that so wrong? (Don’t ask Miss Manners!)
I hope you enjoyed this recipe.
Please feel free to Pin any photo to Pinterest, Yum the recipe to Yummly and leave me a comment!
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
Super Easy Herb Roasted Zucchini
- 3 medium zucchini washed and cut in chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano heaping
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil heaping
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon heaping
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder heaping
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/16 teaspoon ground pepper or a few shakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven 400 F
- Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper
- Cut zucchini in 4 - 5 slices, then cut each slice in half and then half again
- Place the cut zucchini in a large mixing bowl and add the oregano, basil, tarragon, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Add the olive oil and mix thoroughly until all the zucchini is coated
- Place each piece of zucchini skin side down on the pan
- Put in oven and roast for 25 - 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and pop a piece in your mouth
- Scoop some on a plate with a main dish
- Eat all the zucchini on your plate first
- Spoon some more on your plate