This easy peasy baked chicken thighs recipe is so good you are going to want them every week. Or every other day. Or every day!
I love these easy peasy baked chicken thighs! So much, that I’ve been on a baked chicken thigh kick lately! I could eat them all the time.
Thankfully Christopher loves them too, because he happily eats them alongside of me.
I’ve always been vocal about loving thigh meat over breast meat. That’s probably because of how much more tasty and moist dark meat is. At least to me. Chicken breasts almost always seem dry. I never order chicken in a restaurant because of it.
Another thing I love about this recipe is how quick and easy it is to throw together. All you do is dress the thighs with a few choice herbs and spices and some olive oil and then bake them.
Other chicken dishes:
On to the easy peasy baked chicken thighs recipe
I preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
These are all the ingredients: chicken thighs (naturally), olive oil, tarragon, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
I grab a little mixing bowl and add all the herbs and spices into it. I mix them all together with a spoon.
I then get my medium sized baking dish and drizzle olive oil on the bottom. Next, I lay the chicken thighs on top of the oil.
I sprinkle the herb mixture evenly on top of the chicken. Then I drizzle on some olive oil. You can see the stripes of oil in the photo below.
Time to pop them in the oven.
Now, here’s the best part: you don’t touch them until they’re done. So you can forget about them.
That is, until the timer dings. ⏲
They take 35 minutes to bake.
Chicken thighs straight out of the oven.
Don’t they look good? I think so!
Time to plate and consume one (or two!), because as I’ve been saying, I love me some chicken thighs!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe.
Christopher and I enjoy eating it! Yum, yum!
Please feel free to Pin any photo to Pinterest, Yum the recipe to Yummly and leave me a comment!
And as always, may all your dishes be delish.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a small mixing bowl add all the herbs and spices and mix it together with a spoon
- Dribble a few tablespoons olive oil in the bottom of a medium baking pan
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the oil
- Sprinkle the herb mixture on top of the chicken
- Dribble a few more tablespoons of oil on top of the chicken
- Place baking pan in the oven and bake for 35 minutes
- Place a few thighs on a plate and add some vegetables
- Cut into chicken