This chicken thighs with lemon recipe is delightful! Lemon is the perfect pairing with chicken. But that’s not all! The plump mushrooms and spice mix makes this recipe especially delicious!
The mixture of tarragon, oregano, garlic, lemon and wine makes this chicken dish so delicious! I love using lemon when I cook chicken as they go together so nicely and lemon makes the meat so tender. Pair all the ingredients with an abundance of mushrooms and you have one delicious meal!!
Do I have to make this dish with boneless, skinless chicken thighs?
No! You can use bone in chicken thighs. You will just have to bake them for 45 – 50 minutes instead of 35 minutes.
Do I have to marinate this Chicken with Lemon long?
No, that’s another beautiful thing about this recipe: you don’t have to take the time to marinate it. You just throw the ingredients together, bake it and you have a fabulous and flavorful meal for your family!!
Tips for Making Chicken Thighs with Lemon
- You can either use boneless chicken or bone-in, but you must adjust the cooking time
- You don’t have to use thighs, you can also use breasts
- You don’t have to marinade the chicken but if you want to, let it marinate for 30 minutes
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make chicken thighs with lemon
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and get out a large baking dish.
Gather the ingredients – herbs, chicken, lemons, mushrooms, garlic paste and wine. (1)
In a large mixing bowl the juice and zest of one lemon, wine, garlic, herbs and salt and pepper. Whisk the ingredients until combined and set aside.
Dribble some olive oil to the bottom of the baking dish and place thighs in on the olive oil.
Add sliced mushrooms on chicken and dribble oil on top. (2)
Pour lemon mixture over mushrooms and the chicken. (3)
Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
I plate some chicken with a sweet potato, peas and a side of black beans!
Don’t forget to ladle the sauce and mushrooms on the chicken! Let’s look at a close up of this delicious dish.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe.
Other popular chicken recipes
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this chicken thighs with lemon or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Chicken Thighs with Lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a stainless steel mixing bowl, add lemon juice, zest, wine, garlic, tarragon, oregano, salt and pepper - whisk until all the ingredients are combined
- Dribble some olive oil on the bottom of the baking dish
- Lay chicken in the baking dish
- Add the mushrooms on top of the chicken
- Dribble oil on top of mushrooms
- Pour lemon/wine mixture all over the mushrooms and chicken
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes
- Plate chicken with some vegetable. Ladle lemon sauce on chicken along with some mushrooms
- You can either use boneless chicken or bone-in, but you must adjust the cooking time (to 45 - 50 minutes)
- You don't have to use thighs, you can also use breasts
- You don't have to marinade the chicken but if you want to, let it marinate for 30 minutes