Who doesn’t love simple stir fry chicken? Or better yet, who doesn’t like ‘simple’ anything? But when it comes attached to a delish chicken and veggie mixture with a delicious sauce, who can resist it? Not me!
But, back to my question of who doesn’t like simple stir fry chicken, I’m actually sure there are some peeps not fond of stir fry. I just don’t personally know any of those peeps. Do you?
Let’s narrow it down further, who in my house doesn’t love simple stir fry chicken?
“NO ONE!” screeches me!!
Christopher and I both love simple chicken stir fry. Especially when it has lots of veggies and a hint of ginger. Yum!
There isn’t anything fancy about this recipe but that is not to say that it doesn’t have delish flavors and a delicate balance of a sauce with herbs and ginger! It’s just to say that it is super simple to make!
I don’t have a wok, what do I do?
I absolutely LOVE my wok(s). They are cast iron, they cooks food quickly and look nice on the table!! If you don’t have a wok, not to worry, you can use either one or two big sauté pans.
But just know it won’t look as cool as my wok. 😉
Tips for making this delicious dish:
- Even though I use two woks, you can either use two sauté pans or if you really want, you can just use one pan and transfer the vegetables out of the pan and add them to the chicken once it’s done
- I use two woks so I can cook everything at the same time so this simple stir fry chicken can be on your table that much quicker. The timing in the recipe card is for if you don’t cook it at the same time or just use one pan
- You can use chicken breasts if you prefer them over thighs
- You can adjust the spices to your liking
How to make Simple Stir Fry Chicken
Process shots for the SSFC:
- Onions, red bell pepper and mushrooms
- Veggies sautéed
- Ingredients for the sauce: soy sauce, maple syrup, chicken broth, cumin, chipotle powder, basil and garlic powder
- Chicken sautéed with sauce added
- Chicken added to the vegetables
- Chop onions and red bell peppers in chunks and slice the mushrooms
- Heat wok at medium high heat and once it heats up, add sesame oil
- Add onions and peppers and sauté for 15 minutes before adding garlic, sliced ginger and mushrooms. Sauté for 5 more minutes (there are a lot of veggies – so time may vary depending on your pan)
- Heat up another wok or large sauté pan on medium
- Cut boneless, skinless chicken thighs into bite sized pieces and sauté for 6 minutes, stirring every minute
- While chicken is cooking make the sauce. In a stainless steel bowl place the sauce ingredients and whisk them together until combined
- Add sauce to chicken and sauté for an additional 2 minutes
- Transfer chicken and sauce to vegetables and stir until combined
Time’s a wastin’ Let’s get to Tastin’
Now, I spoon the simple stir fry chicken into two bowls and get ready to serve it to Christopher and me.
Let’s get closer.
And for the overhead shot.
Other popular chicken recipes on Dishes Delish:
I hope you enjoyed this simple stir fry chicken recipe!
Please leave a comment and tell me what is your favorite stir fry to eat?
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this simple stir fry chicken or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 onions medium, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers sliced and chopped in chunks
- 10 ounces portobello mushrooms package, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 inch ginger sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1.5 pounds chicken thighs of boneless, skinless, chopped to bite size chunks
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle powder or more
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Heat a wok or sauté pan on medium high heat. Once it's heated up and sesame oil and let it heat up for 30 seconds
Add onions and bell peppers and sauté for 15 minutes. Add mushrooms, garlic and ginger and sauté for an additional 5 minutes
Take off heat and set aside
Heat another sauté pan on medium and add sesame oil
- Add chicken and sauté for 6 minutes, stirring every minute
Make sauce as the chicken is cooking: Get your mixing bowl and add soy sauce, maple syrup, chicken broth, basil cumin, garlic powder and chipotle powder - whisk to combine
Add sauce to chicken and cook it all for 2 more minutes (so the chicken cooks 8 minutes all together)
- Spoon into bowls