This easy cauliflower soup recipe is thick, creamy and delicious! If you like cauliflower, you will love this delicious soup!
I’m happy! And not just because this easy cauliflower soup is scrumptious.
I’m happy because Christopher has come around. His opinion of soup has changed!
He never really considered it a proper meal. He always thought it was a side dish… of sorts. Here are his actual words when he tasted some of this soup.
“Wow, I like soup now.”
I just blinked at him. Who is this man that I’ve been married to for 28 years? Is this a pod person? All these questions rolled around in my head as I sat there blinking.
“Did you hear me?” He asked.
“Yes, I just don’t believe it.”
He chuckled and spooned some more soup in his mouth.
So this is a warning, there will be more soup on Dishes Delish, especially now since I have my instant pot. Though, this soup was made on the stove, not in the IP.
How to make the Easy Cauliflower Soup
I grab my Dutch oven.
Process shots for the easy cauliflower soup:
- A large head of cauliflower, onion, celery and chicken broth
- Chopped up cauliflower
- Chopped onion, celery and herbs and spices sautéed
- Broth and cauliflower added, ready to be cooked
- Easy cauliflower soup done and ready to be pureed
I fish out 4 pieces of cauliflower and set them aside.
Now, I use my immersion blender and blend it the easy cauliflower soup until it’s smoother than smooth!
Dribbling isn’t just for Drooling
Time to ladle the soup into two bowls. I place a piece of cauliflower on top of each bowl and dribble a little sour cream over the easy cauliflower soup.
Now for the overhead shot.
This easy cauliflower soup is creamy, dreamy and delicious!
Other Popular soup recipes from Dishes Delish:
I hope you enjoyed this easy cauliflower soup recipe. I think you will.
Please feel free to leave me a comment. What is your favorite soup to eat? I’d love to know. You can also feel free to Pin a photo to Pinterest and Yum the recipe to Yummly! I know you want to!
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this easy cauliflower soup or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
- 1 cauliflower large head
- large onion chopped into smallish chunks
- 1 celery 1 stalk, sliced and then sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste or garlic cloves crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 32 ounces chicken broth or vegetable for vegetarian recipe
- Heat a medium saucepan on medium
- Add oil
- Add onions, celery, garlic, thyme and salt and sauté for 10 minutes
- Add chicken broth and cauliflower
- Bring to a boil
- Lower to a simmer and let cook for 15 minutes until cauliflower is done
- Fish out a few pieces of cauliflower and set aside for serving
- Either transfer batches to your food processor/blender or use an immersion blender and blend until smooth
- Ladle in bowls
- Place a piece of cauliflower on top and dribble some sour cream on top. I use a small sandwich bag and fill it with 2 tablespoons of sour cream. I cut a little hole in the corner of the bag and squeeze it on the soup