This pretty pear and pomegranate salad recipe is festive and delicious! Perfect for when you want to eat lighter and healthier!
Want a fun, colorful salad to eat after the holidays?
Yes, I do too!
This pear and pomegranate salad is so tasty and satisfying that you could eat it as your main meal if you wanted to. Christopher and I usually split one and combine it with a main dish. Usually.
But sometimes, I want to have only salad for dinner. When that happens, I make sure Christopher gets a pear pomegranate salad of his own. We can’t have him dipping his errant fork into mine now, can we!
Don’t get me wrong. I’m willing to share. But when the pretty pear pomegranate salad is my whole meal, then I feel like a mama bear defending her cubs.
Once you taste this salad, you will see why I would respond that way. It’s a nice combination of flavors that blend well, without being too sweet.
You could say it’s perfect!
What makes it even more perfect is the bacon in it.
Don’t you love bacon? I do.
How to make Pear and Pomegranate Salad
The ingredients: pomegranate, a pear, uncooked bacon, tomatoes, cucumber and Boston lettuce.
First process shots for the PaPS:
- Bacon cooked and pat down with a paper towel to take off the grease
- Boston lettuce, tore into pieces and 5 slices of cucumber placed to each salad
- 5 grape tomatoes added to each salad
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a jelly pan with foil
- Lay strips of bacon on the pan and bake for 20 minutes
- As the bacon is baking (tongue twister), remove pomegranate seeds
- Take nubs off of Boston lettuce and rip lettuce into bite size pieces
- Divide lettuce between two shallow bowls
- Place cucumber slices and grape tomatoes on lettuce
More process shots:
- 4 slices of pear on each salad
- Pomegranate seeds sprinkled on
- Bacon crumbled and placed on salads
- Slice the pear in thinnish slices and place on salad
- Liberally add pomegranate seeds on salads
- Crumble 3 pieces of bacon and distribute them between the two salads (Bag up the remaining bacon for later use)
- Shave fresh parmesan cheese and sprinkle them on the salads
I dribble some balsamic dressing on the salads and we are good to go!
Delicious! We enjoyed eating these pear and pomegranate salads and you will too!
Other popular salads on Dishes Delish:
Please feel free to leave me a comment, let me know what is your favorite salad? I’d really like to know.
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this pear and pomegranate salad or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
- 1 head Boston lettuce (or any lettuce you like), torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 Cucumber cut into slices
- 10 Tomatoes
- 1 Pear sliced
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- 3 slices cooked bacon crumpled
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese shavings
- 4 tablespoons balsamic dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Line jelly roll pan with foil and lay bacon on pan
- Bake for 20 minutes, pat dry and set aside
- Place lettuce in two bowls
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes, pear slices, pomegranate seeds, crumpled bacon and parmesan cheese
- Dribble dressing on salad
I use a certain amount of the ingredients but you can use any amount. Suit yourself.