Easy Chicken Piccata
This easy chicken piccata recipe is delicious and succulent. Boneless and skinless chicken is cooked without breading and then baked to perfection.
Why is chicken piccata so satisfying? Maybe it’s the tangy saltiness of it. Probably! I know that Christopher loves this dish. And he loves it even more because the chicken isn’t breaded or fried. He’s healthy that way.
So am I, mostly. I do enjoy a good fish and chips periodically.
But mostly I look for ways to make things healthier and that is why there isn’t any skin on the thighs and it’s not breaded or fried.
Do I have to use boneless and skinless thighs?
No. You don’t, but it cooks faster than chicken thighs with bones in them and like I’ve previously stated, it’s healthier without the skin.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
- After you place the chicken thighs in the baking dish, don’t pour the liquid over them. You don’t want to disturb the salt and pepper
- Try to use organic chicken broth as you can honestly taste the difference
- Use a dry white wine and not something sweet like a chardonnay
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Use as many capers as you want
- You can also use as many cloves of garlic as you like. My thought is, the more the merrier
How to make easy chicken piccata
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and get a baking dish.
Gather capers, garlic, lemon, chicken thighs, broth and wine. (A)
Dribble a little oil on the bottom of a baking dish and add chicken thighs, crushed garlic, salt and pepper. (B)
Add chicken broth and wine in the baking dish, but don’t pour it over the chicken. (C)
Pour lemon juice in the baking dish and sprinkle as many capers you want on the chicken.
Bake for 30 – 35 minutes. (Depending how big the chicken thighs are.)
Now to plate the chicken with pasta and green beans. I pour the gravy onto the chicken and pasta.
I hope you enjoyed this easy chicken piccata recipe.
Other popular Chicken recipes
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Easy Chicken Piccata
- 6 chicken thighs boneless and skinless, organic
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/18 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons capers
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place chicken thighs in a baking dish and sprinkle the garlic and salt and pepper on them
- Pour the broth, wine and lemon in the dish, but not on the chicken
- Sprinkle capers on chicken as well
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until done. The bigger the thighs, the longer it will take
- Plate with a veggie and a starch
- After you place the chicken thighs in the baking dish, don’t pour the liquid over them. You don’t want to disturb the salt and pepper.
- Try to use organic chicken broth as you can honestly taste the difference.
- Use a dry white wine and not something sweet like a chardonnay.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Use as many capers as you want.
- You can also use as many cloves of garlic as you like. My thought is, the more the merrier.