This post is #sponsored and this blog has been compensated by BabbleBoxx.com. Opinions expressed are mine alone. #NoFussFoodsBBoxx
I made this delicious Margherita cauliflower crust pizza because sometimes you don’t have the time to make a gluten free crust yourself! The taste is delicious and compliments the tomato sauce, basil and mozzarella cheese. And you would never know you were getting a nice dose of veggies while eating this scrumptious low carb pizza.
The photo below shows all the items I recently received from BabbleBoxx:
NEW RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce, Original Italian Cauliflower Pizza Crust, Cauliflower & Yellow Lentil Penne, Garden Lites Blueberry Oat Muffins, Garden Lites Veggie Cakes, and an 11 oz. bag of Red Diamond Medium Roast Classic Blend Coffee.
Now that summer has given way to fall, it’s busy season at the Benoit’s house! Don’t ask me what I’ve been doing, but I know I’ve been going a mile a minute, leaving a trail of dust (or crumbs) behind me. And I’m still not getting everything done! Christopher feels the same way.
During times like these, I’m not ashamed to take the occasional quick and easy way out of a meal-from-scratch by turning to high quality prepared foods, like the ones I got from Babbleboxx above.
The Main Event | Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Gather the ingredients – NEW RAGÚ Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce, cauliflower pizza crust and Cauliflower and Yellow Lentil Penne.
With only four ingredients, this vegetarian low carb cauliflower crust pizza is pretty simple to pull together quickly.
I start with the Cauliflower Crust Mix & Match Pizza Recipe, which itself is made of only four ingredients. (The whole crust contains only 180 calories and 6 grams of carbs.)
I must take a minute to rave about the RAGÚ Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce. This new sauce is made with 100% olive oil and no added sugar. In this cook’s opinion, RAGÚ did a great thing when it chose to leave out the sugar. That iconic Italian combination of olive oil, tomatoes, onions, garlic and spices tastes just like homemade gravy to me.
Neither of our (Italian) mothers used sugar in her gravy, so Christopher and I both find the flavor as delicious as it is authentic. And you know I like my veggies chunky like my thighs. It’s the best pasta sauce I’ve found in a jar.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. And place the frozen cauliflower pizza crust on a metal mesh pan. (2)
Take the cooked cauliflower pizza crust out of the oven. (3)
Move the oven rack to right under the broiler and turn it on low.
Preheat the NEW RAGÚ Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce and spread it on the crust. (1-below)
Top with fresh basil leaves strategically placed. (2-below)
Place the mini rounds of mozzarella pearl cheese on the pizza. (3)
Place the pizza under the broiler for 1 minute. (4)
Side o’ Pasta
To go with the pizza, I prepared the Cauliflower & Yellow Lentil Penne. Because it contains only cauliflower and yellow lentil, this high protein pasta is grain/gluten free and low glycemic.
Christopher will eat pasta pretty much anytime, anywhere, so I often serve it on the side. For this meal, I simply dressed the penne in RAGÚ Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce and he was happy.
On-the-go Snack, Breakfast, or Dessert
I’ve written elsewhere on this blog that I’m a big fan of breakfast foods for dinner. I also happen to enjoy them at breakfast and lunch. Garden Lites Blueberry Oat Muffins are a perfect example of what I’m talking about. Heat them in your microwave for a deliciously sweet treat. Or throw them in your (your spouse’s or your child’s) lunch box for a healthy snack.
Their first ingredient is zucchini! Talk about guilt-free. I love eating hidden veggies and these veggie muffins make me feel good about a quick and easy breakfast.
They taste even better with Red Diamond Medium Roast Classic Blend’s perfect cup of coffee. I drink my coffee black with a little maple syrup and a teaspoon of coconut oil. (Thanks, Uncle Vic!) It’s flavorful, smooth and creamy even without the dairy.
Visit Red Diamond’s website to learn more about this wonderful Arabica coffee from Central and South America. Red Diamond coffee beans are grown at only a high altitude, are hand picked, sun dried and roasted in small batches. The brand its known for high standards in coffee and tea production.
Delicious, easy appetizer and/or dinner option
Garden Lites Veggie Cakes are even more versatile than the muffins, probably because they’re savory. They’re also my favorite of the two. Christopher and I enjoyed them as an appetizer before the margherita pizza dinner. But I could easily eat them for breakfast with eggs and toast. You could also serve them as an alternative to your veggie dinner side dish. See? Versatile!
AND, these little veggie cakes are packed with nutrient-rich veggies like kale and cauliflower, they’re gluten free and they’re less than 100 calories.
Save Some Money
Here are tempting coupon offers related to the BabbleBoxx products featured in this post:
- For Garden Lites Blueberry Oat Muffin and Garden Lites Superfood Veggie Cakes, use code BABBLE20 to get 20% off an order for either the veggie muffins or the veggie cakes from the online store.
- Visit the store locator to find where you can buy these products locally and to print the $1.00 off coupon available for in-store purchase.
- For Red Diamond Medium Roast Classic Blend Coffee, use one-time code coffee2018 between now and the end of December 2018 to get 20% off a purchase (no minimum amount required).
- For the Original Italian Cauliflower Pizza Crust and Cauliflower and Yellow Lentil Penne, use code NOFUSSFOODS for a one-time 15% off your order. Although it’s a one-time use, the code doesn’t expire and order shipping is free.
I really like the simplicity of the Original Italian Cauliflower Pizza Crust. Vegetable-based and containing only four ingredients (fresh cauliflower, mozzarella cheese, eggs, and seasoning), it lends itself to interesting and tasty flavor combinations. I’m looking forward to experimenting with it.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you try any of the products, leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- 1 frozen cauliflower crust (Cali’flour foods brand)
- 2 tablespoons pasta sauce (2 – 3 tablespoons)
- 15 leaves basil (fresh)
- 30 mini mozzarella pearls
- aluminum mesh pizza pan (Winco)
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Place frozen cauliflower crust on pizza pan and bake for 10 minutes
- Place oven rack under broiler and preheat broiler on low
- Preheat your pasta sauce before putting it on the pizza
- Spread pasta sauce on crust. Add basil and mozzarella and place under broiler for 1 minute
- Let pizza set for 5 minutes before eating
- All ovens vary so make sure you don’t cook your cauliflower pizza crust more than 10 minutes. Check it at 8 to see that it’s done
- Heated up the pasta sauce prior to putting it on the pizza
- When you broil the pizza to melt the cheese, stand by the oven so you can pull it out as soon as the cheese starts melting
- Christopher likes to fold his pizza and this crust worked perfectly. He said, “Mmm, this is like a pizza sandwich”