These Instant Pot boneless pork chops are tender, juicy, and bursting with flavor. They cook to perfection in a creamy mushroom broth for a weeknight dinner that everyone will be drooling over.
You are going to love the flavor of these tender pork chops. Not only for their taste, but because the instant pot makes this dish so easy to make that you’ll be enjoying these moist pressure cooker pork chops in less than 30 minutes.
And, even though you only see two pork chops here, you can make this recipe with 4 – 6 chops if you like. There is no need to adjust any of the other ingredients.
Why only two chops? Christopher and I share one chop per meal so we get two meals out of this easy recipe.
Now, let’s talk about the mushroom sauce. It’s absolutely scrumptious. We have plenty leftover which means we can enjoy it many different ways: poured over mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, over toast, and what Christopher loves, used as the base when I make brown rice for him.
I’d love to hear what you do with your leftover mushroom gravy.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Olive oil – extra virgin.
- Boneless Pork chops – 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick chops. I get mine in my ButcherBox, which is a meat/seafood delivery subscription. I love getting my box every few months.
- Beef broth – I like the robust flavor of this broth, but you can use chicken broth if you prefer.
- Onion – Vidalia. I like the sweetness of this onion, but if you want, you can use a yellow onion.
- Mushrooms – Baby Portobello. You can use white button if you prefer.
- Thyme – dried. You can also use Italian seasoning if you prefer.
- Salt – sea salt.
- Garlic – I’m using garlic paste, but you can substitute 3 crushed cloves of garlic or garlic powder instead.
- Cream of mushroom soup – condensed, I like to use organic.
- Cognac – this is optional but it adds a delicious flavor.
- Pepper – I like to use my pepper mill and give it 3 healthy turns.
- Spinach – washed baby spinach. I’m only using a packed cup, but you can use how much you like.
- If you prefer bone-in pork chops, add one minute to the cook time.
- Layer the ingredients the way I do, to make the best pork chops. When I use the instant pot, I always place vegetables on the bottom and the meat on top, this way the veggies protect the meat from the bottom of the pan.
- You will not be doing a natural pressure release. This recipe needs a quick release.
- How to do a quick release of pressure: Protect your hands by donning an oven mitt, carefully nudge the knob to the venting position and wait until the silver valve drops, which means it is safe to open your pressure cooker.
- The internal temperature of pork should be at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Here’s a great website that explains why.
How to make instant pot pork chops
Gather the ingredients – boneless pork chops, onion, mushrooms, beef broth, cream of mushroom soup, spinach, cognac, salt, thyme, and pepper.
Chop the onion and mushrooms in small chunks and set them aside.
Plug in the instant pot and press the sauté button so it is in sauté mode. Let it heat up for at least 3 minutes before adding 1 tablespoon of oil.
Let the oil heat up for a minute before adding the pork chops. (A)
Sear the pork chops for 2 minutes on one side, flip with the metal spatula and then sear the other side for 1 minute. (B)
Remove the chops to a plate and turn off the instant pot. Add the broth and use a wooden spoon or spatula to de-glaze the pot, make sure to get all the brown bits off the bottom. (C)
Add the chopped onion to the broth. (D)
Add the mushrooms on top. (E) Add garlic, dried thyme, and salt. (F)
Next, add the pork chops (G), cream of mushroom soup, cognac, and coarsely ground black pepper. (H)
Place the lid on the pressure cooker and seal it. Make sure the knob is in the sealed position and press the pressure cook or manual button. The pressure should be set on high and the mode on normal. Set the timer to 6 minutes.
After the instant pot beeps that it has finished cooking, allow the pressure to release for 10 minutes before doing a quick release to get rid of the remaining pressure. See notes on how. (I) The internal temperature of the meat should be at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
Press the cancel button and add the spinach. (J) Stir the spinach in the broth until it wilts.
Add the chops and some of the mushroom gravy to either a serving bowl or a stainless steel pan. Pour the rest of the gravy in a serving bowl.
I sautéed the remaining mushrooms and spinach, so I added some to the deep plate with the pork chop.
I cut a piece of pork because I just couldn’t wait anymore. It tastes delicious!
I hope you enjoyed this instant pot pork chop recipe. It’s scrumptious and sure to become one of your favorite ways to eat chops.
Other popular pork recipes
And as always, may all your dishes be delish.
If you’ve tried this recipe, I’d love the know what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Instant Pot Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 pork chops (boneless)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 medium onion (chopped in small chunks)
- 10 ounces mushrooms (baby portobello)
- 3 teaspoons garlic paste (or 3 cloves of garlic, crushed)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (sea salt)
- 11 ounces cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
- 1/8 cup cognac (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (freshly and coarsely ground)
- 1 cup baby spinach (packed)
- Plug in the instant pot and press the sauté button. Let it heat up for at least 3 minutes before adding the olive oil.1 tablespoon olive oil
- Let that heat up for 1 minute, then add the pork chops and sear for 2 minutes. Flip the chops and sear for a minute on that side. Press the cancel button and remove the chops and set aside.2 pork chops
- Add beef broth and deglaze the bottom of the pot, scraping off any browned bits.1/2 cup beef broth
- Add chopped onion, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, and salt.1 medium onion, 10 ounces mushrooms, 3 teaspoons garlic paste, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Add the pork chops on top of the vegetables. Add the condensed cream of mushroom soup, cognac, and black pepper.11 ounces cream of mushroom soup, 1/8 cup cognac, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and seal it. Make sure the knob is set to the sealed position. Press the pressure cook or manual button. The mode should be normal and the pressure high. Set the timer to 6 minutes.
- Once the timer beeps that the cooker has finished, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before doing a quick release of the rest of the pressure. See notes on how. Check the internal temperature of the pork chops. It should be 145 degrees F.
- Add the baby spinach and stir until it has wilted. (It takes about 1 minute.)1 cup baby spinach