This chocolate covered easy peanut butter balls recipe is perfect for the Easter season. Or for any season. They are so delicious, light and fluffy and better than store bought, because homemade is always better.
One of the things I love about the Easter season is the peanut butter eggs. I know that they are just glorified peanut butter cups, but there is something about the shape that makes them different and oh-so-fun to eat!
I always mold these chocolate covered easy peanut butter balls in the shape you see in the photo. And I can’t be bothered trying to replicate the shape of the peanut butter eggs they sell in the store. I figure there is no need. They are just going to be scarfed down by everyone and nobody cares about the shape.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
- Take the butter out an hour before you start the recipe.
- Most recipes use double the sugar than I use so it makes for a wetter batter.
- Because it’s wetter, you can’t use your hands to shape the batter. Instead, use a serving spoon and a tablespoon to form the balls.
- If you don’t have a double boiler, add a few inches of water to a medium saucepan and place a glass bowl over the pan, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Add the chocolate chips and butter and stir until melted.
How to make easy peanut butter balls
Gather the ingredients – peanut butter, confectioner’s sugar and butter.
In the mixer, add butter, peanut butter and confectioner’s sugar. Mix until creamy.
Use a serving spoon and a tablespoon to form the peanut butter balls. Place each ball on the paper.
Place the pan in the freezer for a half hour.
Right before the half hour is up, get the chocolate chips and butter.
If you don’t have a double boiler, put a few inches of water in a medium sauce pan and place a glass bowl on the pan.
Turn the heat on medium and let it come to a simmer. Add ½ cup chocolate chips in the bowl along with 1 tablespoon of butter.
Stand there and stir around the chocolate as it melts.
Take the peanut butter balls out of the freezer. Place a few of the balls in the chocolate and with a fork, roll the balls around in the chocolate until they are covered and place each ball back on the jelly roll pan.
Continue rolling the balls in chocolate until all they are all covered.
Place the pan back into the freezer for a half hour.
Time to eat.
Let’s plate them all.
Let us look at the small plates of easy peanut butter balls.
Time to have my lovely assistant bite into this delicious treat.
Oh my. These are so fluffy and totally delicious!
I hope you enjoyed this easy peanut butter balls recipe.
Other delicious “candy” recipes
- Dark chocolate, caramel, marshmallow, cashew butter cups
- Dark chocolate peanut butter cups
- Almond Joy Cocktail
- Almond butter nutty granola bars
Please feel free to leave me a comment. What was your favorite Easter candy treat?
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Chocolate Covered Easy Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 cup peanut butter (crunchy, natural)
- 4 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips (I used 62% cocoa chips)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place peanut butter, butter and sugar in a mixer. Mix until combined and creamy
- Cover a medium jelly roll pan with parchment paper and form each ball with two tablespoons
- Place pan in the freezer for half hour
- Before the half hour is up, melt the chocolate, either in the microwave or in a double boiler
- Place each ball in the melted chocolate and use a fork to roll the balls around until they are completely covered
- Place each ball back on the pan and place the pan in the freezer for a half hour
- Plate a few peanut butter balls on a plate