This chicken in creamy mushroom sauce recipe is so delicious and satisfying! It’s healthier than the average creamy sauce because I use almond milk! You can also substitute cream if you want. Christopher and I could eat it each and every week!
I love chicken dishes and nothing beats a exceedingly tasty dish that has delicious mushrooms, spinach and swimming in a creamy sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make the chicken in creamy mushroom sauce
I preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
I grab my baking dish and dribble olive oil on the bottom. Then I lay the boneless chicken thighs down in the dish and sprinkle tarragon on top. I also sprinkle on some salt and pepper. The last thing I do is dribble more olive oil on top.
Into the oven it goes. I set the timer for 30 minutes.
Ten minutes before the chicken has finished baking, I grab the mushrooms and sauté them on medium/high heat for 5 minutes.
The medium high heat makes the mushies nice and brown.
I gather the ingredients for the cream sauce.
Here they are: Parmesan cheese, garlic paste, chicken broth, wine, and almond milk.
I get my smaller dutch oven and heat it on medium. I add the milk, broth and wine and let it come to a near boil. Also, I add 1 teaspoon garlic paste (equivalent to 1 clove of garlic), 1/2 teaspoon salt and Parmesan cheese. I whisk it until the cheese has melted.
Now, since I’m using almond milk, the sauce won’t be quite as thick as it would be if I were using light cream but that’s okay by me.
Time for me to add the spinach and stir it around until it has wilted somewhat.
Ding means done
The chicken is done.
I add the chicken to the creamy sauce and mix it around so the chicken is covered. I let the chicken simmer for 5 minutes in the sauce. And now we have a pan of chicken in creamy mushroom sauce! Oh and spinach. 🙂
Serve that chicken
Time to serve the chicken in creamy mushroom sauce. I scoop some pasta in the plate and spoon some chicken on top! I also scoop some sautéed zucchini on the plate.
Mmmm. Delish. Let’s get a closer look at that creamy mushroom and spinach chicken.
I hope you enjoyed this chicken in creamy mushroom sauce recipe!
It’s really delicious!
Other chicken dishes
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this chicken in creamy mushroom sauce or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Chicken in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste (1 clove garlic, crushed)
- 2 cups spinach (one large handful)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a medium baking dish, dribble some olive oil on the bottom
- Add the chicken, sprinkle tarragon, salt and pepper on top. Dribble more olive oil on top of the chicken
- Bake for 30 minutes
- 10 minutes before the chicken is done, heat a sauté pan on medium/high and add 1 tablespoons olive oil. Add mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes
- In a small dutch oven, add milk, broth and wine. Heat until almost at a boil and add the parmesan cheese, salt and garlic paste. Whisk until the cheese has melted and it is all combined
- Add spinach and stir until it has wilted somewhat
- Add chicken and stir around until the chicken is combined. Simmer for 5 minutes
- Plate some pasta on a plate and spoon some creamy mushroom and spinach chicken on top