This tasty breast of duck curry recipe is easy because it calls for leftover duck. You can put this recipe together in under 30 minutes. You could also substitute chicken breasts if you don’t have some leftover duck on hand.
Did you have duck as a kid? Not me. I didn’t have duck until I was well into my forties and I didn’t know what I was missing! Why didn’t I have duck before? Probably because I think of duck as a cute, little water bird. I never thought of it as food.
But, I’m over that now and have been for a while. I make roasted duck and Christopher and I enjoy it immensely!
This recipe has so much going for it. It’s delicious, crispy and is smothered in a tasty curry sauce.
Looking what to do with leftover duck? This recipe is perfect.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make breast of duck curry
Gather the ingredients – curry paste, an onion, chicken broth, coconut milk and fish sauce.
Chop onion in chunks and heat up the Dutch oven on medium heat.
Add oil and once that heats up, add onion and sauté for 10 minutes.
Add garlic paste and continue sautéing for 2 minutes.
Add heaping ½ cup of curry paste to the onions.
Also add fish sauce, coconut milk and chicken broth and bring to a gentle boil.
Add spinach, stir and take off heat.
Put the oven rack on the highest level and turn oven to broil/high.
Place leftover roasted duck breasts on pan and place under broiler to crisp up the skin for 2 minutes.
Cut breasts in slices and place on the plates. I add baked zucchini and spoon curry sauce over the duck breasts!
Doesn’t it make you want to plant your face in the bowl? It does me!
This duck curry recipe dish is super delicious!
Other popular poultry recipes
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Tasty Breast of Duck Curry
- Heat a deep sauté pan on medium. Add oil and once that heats up, add onions and sauté for 10 minutes
- Add garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes
- Add yellow curry paste, fish sauce, coconut milk and chicken broth and let it come to a slight boil
- Add baby spinach once the curry comes to a boil, stir and take off heat
- Witht the oven rack on the highest position, turn broiler on high
- Place breasts on jelly roll pan and broil for 2 minutes. Stand there checking to make sure you don’t burn the skin
- Slice duck in slices and plate. Add a veggie and spoon curry sauce on the duck breasts