This cream cheese pistachio cookies recipe is one of my most requested cookie recipes. People love them! They are soft, dense and flavorful inside!!
“What is IN these?”
That’s what I hear when I bring these cookies anywhere. I’m known in my family for my cookies (that and my cocktails.) So, when people ask what is in them and they inevitably do, I say, “cream cheese.” That explains the texture, along with the subtle taste.
There have been times where I’ve made 5 or 6 different types of cookie and brought them to some function, usually around the holidays. I always start making only one kind, then I add another type for variety and it snowballs from there. It’s a sickness, I think.
Wait! A variety of yummy cookies? No! Not a sickness: a necessity! Especially if it includes these moist, flavorful, soft cream cheese pistachio cookies.
Update: The last few times I’ve bought pistachio pudding mix, I’ve had to buy instant. There isn’t any noticeable difference to the taste of these delicious cookies, so feel free to use instant in these wonderful pistachio cookies.
Tips for Making these Cookies:
- If you can’t find regular pistachio pudding mix, you may use instant. I just prefer the regular kind.
- Take butter out at least an hour before you start making the cookies, you want it to be soft and at room temperature. I usually take the butter out the night before (unless it’s summertime).
- No need to take the cream cheese out prior to making the cookies as it is soft already.
- After placing butter into mixing bowl, cut into pats with a butter knife for easier mixing.
- Do not over mix the dough.
- Use raw, unsalted pistachios as you don’t want a salty cookie.
- These pistachio cookies take longer to bake than the average cookie, so be patient as the outside will be a little crispy with a soft inside.
- I like to dip some of these cookies in melted chocolate. People like them both ways, but I always like giving them a choice.
- These cookies freeze really well and can be eaten within a few minutes of taking them out of the freezer.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Gather the ingredients – softened butter, block of cream cheese, sugar and an egg. (A)
Place sugar, butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer. (B)
Mix until combined. Add egg and vanilla and mix until creamy. (C)
Add the dry ingredients – a box of pistachio pudding mix, flour, baking powder and salt. (D)
Stir in chopped pistachios. (E)
Take a medium cookie scoop and scoop the batter into balls and place them on cookie sheets (16 balls per sheet).
Bake for 15 minutes. They should be a little soft to the touch and slightly browned on the edges.
Wait 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to a wire rack.
Aren’t they so cute? I love these little balls of happiness.
This part is optional. Melt 1/2 cup of bittersweet chocolate chips in a microwave. I heat them for 30 seconds at a time, checking and stirring after each round. (It takes my microwave three rounds, or 1 minute 30 seconds, to melt the chocolate completely.) Once melted, dip some of the cookies in the chocolate.
If you do decide to dip some cookies, place them on a separate dish and stick them in the freezer for 5 – 10 minutes to set the chocolate.
I had to bite the cream cheese pistachio cookie.
I hope you enjoyed this pistachio cookies recipe! These cookies are the best!
Please feel free to leave me a comment. What is your favorite cookie?
Other popular cookie recipes on Dishes Delish:
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried these pistachio cookies I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
These cookies are so soft, moist and delicious cookies! They are my most popular cookie.
- 1 cup butter (softened and cut into pats)
- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- .75 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla
- 2.25 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- .50 teaspoon salt
- 3.4 ounce package pistachio pudding mix (regular, but if you can't find regular, it's okay to use instant)
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- .50 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar in a mixer until combined
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until mixed
Add flour, baking powder, pistachio pudding mix and salt and mix until combined
Stir in pistachios - the batter will be hard to stir
Use a medium cookie scoop and place balls on cookie sheets
Bake in middle of oven for 15 min, check after 12 - as we all have different ovens. They should be a little soft to the touch and slightly browned on the edges. Let them rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack
Optional: If dipping some of the cookies in chocolate, melt chocolate in microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring after each 30 seconds. My chocolate took 1 minute 30 seconds to melt
Update: The last few times I've bought pistachio pudding mix, I've had to buy instant. There isn't any noticeable difference to the taste of these delicious cookies, so feel free to use instant in these wonderful pistachio cookies.
Tips for Making these Cookies:
- Take butter out an hour before you start making the cookies, you want it to be soft and at room temperature
- No need to take the cream cheese out prior to making the cookies as it is soft already
- After placing butter into mixing bowl, cut into pats with a butter knife for easier mixing
- Do not over mix the dough
- Use unsalted raw pistachios as you don't want a salty cookie
- These pistachio cookies take longer than the average cookie, so be patient as the outside will be a little crispy with a soft inside
- These cookies freeze really well and can be eaten within a few minutes of taking them out of the freezer
- If you can't find regular pistachio pudding mix, you can use instant without any noticeable taste difference