This is my no churn rocky road ice cream recipe! You will be shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, by how simple and delicious it is!
Funny Ice Cream Story
Christopher has a funny relationship with our nephew, Nicholas, my sister Robyn’s youngest son. Especially years ago, they would act like they hated each other, much to the amusement of the rest of us.
Once upon a time, a crew of us went to get ice cream cones at a famous stand near Robyn’s house. When Christopher had finished his cone, he went up to Nicholas and, horsing around, made a show of shoving him backwards.
No stranger to drama, Nicholas went with it and stumbled backwards, flinging his not-quite-finished ice cream cone off to his side and onto the lawn. That was Christopher’s first surprise.
Next, Nicholas charged Christopher and in one swift movement, put one hand on his chest, one hand on his thigh and hoisted him straight over his head! Robyn’s boys are amateur wrestlers so they know how to lift someone and whirl them around.
The thing that was so funny was Christopher’s screaming like a little girl as he was being twirled in the air.
We all roared with laughter because Christopher is 6 feet tall and Nicholas is around 5′ 8″. However, the way Nicholas just extended his arms and pressed Christopher overhead, twirling him all the way, was priceless.
Today it’s a favorite family memory.
How to make No Churn Rocky Road Ice Cream
Take out your stand mixer and a bread pan.
Process shots for the NCRRIC:
- The ingredients: heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, chocolate chips and marshmallow fluff
- The ingredients mixed and being poured into the bread pan
- The no churn rocky road ice cream settled in the pan
- 3 dollops of fluff spooned on top
- Nuts sprinkled on top
Steps to making this ice cream:
- Attach whisk attachment to mixer and pour in cream, condensed milk and cocoa powder
- Mix until the liquid gets nice and thick and forms stiff peaks (This means that the peaks will stand alone for a few seconds)
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Pour into bread pan and use a spatula to smooth it evenly
- Take a knife and swirl the marshmallow all through it
- Place pan in the freezer for four hours. If you are in a rush, the no churn rocky road ice cream needs two hours to freeze properly (I usually make it in the morning so it will be ready at dinner time)
My sister Robyn was over for dinner the night I made this, so I asked her be my hand model. Christopher was otherwise busy (read: washing the dishes after dinner).
I ask her to scoop up some of this glorious ice cream.
She puts the rocky road ice cream into a martini glass! Because, why not?
Yahoo! It is so delish!
Other popular desserts using Marshmallow fluff on Dishes Delish:
I hope you enjoyed this no churn rocky road ice cream recipe!
Let me know what ice cream is your favorite because I’d love to know.
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this no churn rocky road ice cream or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped or any nut
- In your stand mixer, add cream, condensed milk and cocoa powder. Insert whisk attachment and turn on mixer to medium until ingredients becomes thick and forms stiff peaks
- Fold in chocolate chips, don't stir too much
- Pour batter into bread pan
- Dollop 3 big tablespoons of fluff on the cream mixture. Use a fork and swirl the fluff through the ice cream
- Sprinkle walnuts on top of ice cream
- Put in freezer for at least 2 hours, but 4 are better
- Scoop ice cream in dish
I'm not factoring the time it takes to rest in your freezer.