Chocolate cookies filled with gooey marshmallows? I want this chocolate marshmallow cookie right now!! Don’t you? I mean, look at it!
Remembering is fun
My love for marshmallows goes back a long time. Marshmallows not only go well in s’mores, or s’more granola bars, but also in baked goods like this delicious cookie. Lately, I’ve been devising more ways to serve my beloved marshmallows.
Want to see what I did with the marshmallows I bought for this recipe?
But first, did you know they now sell squished marshmallows for stacking?
When I saw them in the store, I thought, “Holy moly! How ingenious!!”
So what did I do with them, once I opened the bag? Well, naturally, I popped one into my mouth.
But the second one… I did this with the second marshmallow…
I took the stackable out of the bag, slathered it with Nutella and then topped it with almond butter.
Now then, back to my memory. One sandwich I wanted all the time growing up, and I mean all the time, was the fluffernutter sandwich. For those of you who don’t know, a fluffernutter is peanut butter and marshmallow fluff (aka marshmallow creme) slathered on white bread. I ate so many of them that my mom used to think I was going to turn into one of those sandwiches.
I didn’t. What did she know?! 😉
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make chocolate marshmallow cookies
Take out a stick of butter an hour or two before you start. When ready to begin, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Gather the ingredients – softened butter, sugar and an egg. (A)
Take out your mixer, put the softened butter in it with sugar and mix until nice and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
Gather the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt. (B)
Add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt to mixer and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. (C)
Take a ball of dough in your hand, make a divot in the dough and add a marshmallow. (D)
Scoop the sides of the dough over the marshmallow and place it on a cookie sheet.
Place a full cookie sheet into the oven and bake the cookies for 15 minutes.
Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before gobbling them up. Oops, I mean, remove them from the cookie sheet and place them on the wire rack to completely cool.
Let’s see if they look just as delicious at a different angle.
Yup, just as I thought. Still looking delicious.
Let’s see Christopher break one apart.
Now to plate it and eat it.
And so I do.
I hope you enjoyed this chocolate marshmallow cookies recipe.
Please feel free to leave me a comment, what is your favorite cookie?
Other popular cookie recipes on Dishes Delish:
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this recipe, I’d love the know what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour I use sprouted spelt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 18 stackable marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a stand mixer, add butter and sugar, mix until incorporated
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until just mixed
- Add chocolate chips and stir them in
- Take a big dough ball and roll it into to a flat ball, make a div0t into it and place the a marshmallow in the hole
- Bring up the dough around the marshmallow, completely covering it
- Put rolled up balls on cookie sheets- I place 9 on each sheet, giving it space to spread
- Place one cookie sheet at a time in the oven
- Bake for 15 minutes or until done
- Let sit on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing from sheet and placing on a wire rack
- Cool for a few minutes before gobbling it up
- Eat one or two or three