This blog has been compensated by the Bom Bom Brand. All opinions and words are mine alone. #DrinkBomBom #fullybaked #shakeyourbombom @bombombrands #Sponsored
This dark chocolate truffles recipe is so delicious! The truffles are soft, rich and gooey with the addition of Bom Bom Fully Baked liqueur.
Things I love about these truffles
- They are soft and delicious.
- They can be frozen and consumed directly out of the freezer.
- They are rich in flavor and so chocolatey.
- They are rolled in cocoa which makes them even more chocolatey.
- They are easy to make.
- They only have four ingredients.
- They have booze in them.
- They are so satisfying that you can get away with eating just one.
Things I love about Bom Bom
Let me talk about the delicious Bom Bom Brand of liqueurs! (In case you missed it, I talk about Bom Bom in this post, too, so you can read even more about this awesome brand.)
A while back, the folks at Bom Bom reached out to me and asked if I would try a couple of their liqueurs. Being a woman who loves to try new products, I readily agreed! I liked them so much that I made one of their famous recipes: the Bomtini cocktail
Talk about delicious!!!
This time around, they asked me to try their new vegan liqueur called ‘Fully Baked’. Of course, I agreed.
What makes this delicious liqueur vegan?
It is vegan because they made it with hemp milk! And… it’s not only vegan, it’s also gluten free and all natural!
What are the liqueur’s ingredients?
Here is what it says on the bottle: “Premium Caribbean rum with hemp seed, natural brownie, cookie and other natural flavors, and caramel color.”
What does this liqueur taste like?
If you like cookies – who doesn’t like cookies?! – you will love the taste of Bom Bom Fully Baked. It is also reminiscent of a delicious melted ice cream flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
- Even though it has hardened in the fridge, the batter will still melt somewhat when you roll it into a ball between your palms.
- You cannot store these dark chocolate truffles on the counter, they must be stored in the fridge.
- You don’t have to use your hands; you can use a small cookie scoop to shape the truffles.
How to make these truffles
Gather the ingredient – Bom Bom fully baked liqueur, butter, cream and cookies for the garnish.
Measure out the liqueur, heavy cream and chocolate chips.
Place the chocolate chips in the mixing bowl and set aside.
Heat a medium saucepan on medium heat and pour the liqueur and heavy cream into it and bring the two ingredients to a slight boil.
Take the cream and liqueur off the heat and pour it over the chocolate chips.
Add 2 tablespoons of butter in the chocolate mixture and stir until everything melts.
Place bowl in refrigerator for 2 hours.
I stuck a spoon in the solidified chocolate.
Take a spoon and scoop a dollop of the batter. Transfer it to your hand and roll it into a ball.
Place each ball on a parchment covered jelly roll pan.
Place the pan of truffles in the fridge for an hour before rolling the balls in cocoa powder and cookie crumbs.
No matter how many times I make truffles, my experience is always the same: they melt easily! But what can you expect from fudgy and gooey?
Let’s take a bite.
I hope you enjoyed this dark chocolate truffles recipe. They are super satisfying.
What is your favorite liquor-based dessert recipe? Let me know in a comment below.
Other popular chocolate recipes
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Dark Chocolate Truffles with Liqueur
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- ¼ cup Bom Bom Fully Baked liqueur
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter room temperature
- cocoa powder to roll truffles in
- Add chocolate chips to a small bowl and set aside
- Add heavy cream and liqueur in a medium saucepan and heat it up on medium/low until it comes to a slight boil
- Add butter in with the chocolate chips and pour the cream mixture on the chocolate chip mixture. Use a spatula to mix everything together until it has all melted
- Place bowl in refrigerator and let the batter harden for 2 hours
- Either use a small cookie scoop to form the truffles or take some dark chocolate truffle batter in your hand and roll it into a ball. Place each ball on a parchment paper covered jelly roll pan
- Place pan into the fridge and let harden again for 30 minutes
- Place cocoa powder in shallow bowl and roll each ball into it
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before attempting to roll them into balls
- They will melt a little if you roll them between your palms
- Refrigerate them for 30 minutes after you’ve rolled them with your hands. Don’t roll them into the cocoa powder until after the 30 minutes.
- Keep them refrigerated unless you are eating them
- They won’t last long