This blog has been compensated by the Bom Bom Brand. All opinions and words are mine alone. #DrinkBomBom #fullybaked #shakeyourbombom @bombombrands #Sponsored
This dark chocolate truffles recipe is so delicious! The truffles are soft, rich and gooey with the addition of Bom Bom Fully Baked liqueur.
- Things I love about these Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Things I love about Bom Bom
- What makes this delicious Bom Bom Fully Baked liqueur vegan?
- What are the Bom Bom Fully Baked liqueur’s ingredients?
- What does Bom Bom Fully Baked taste like?
- How to Make Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Process shots:
- Tips for making dark chocolate truffles
- Other popular chocolate recipes on Dishes Delish:
Things I love about these Dark Chocolate Truffles
- They are soft and delicious
- They can be frozen and consumed directly out of the freezer
- They are rich in flavor and so chocolatey
- They are rolled in cocoa which makes them even more chocolatey
- They are easy to make
- They only have four ingredients
- They have booze in them
- They are so satisfying that you can get away with eating just one
Things I love about Bom Bom
Let me talk about the delicious Bom Bom Brand of liqueurs! (In case you missed it, I talk about Bom Bom in this post, too, so you can read even more about this awesome brand.)
A while back, the folks at Bom Bom reached out to me and asked if I would try a couple of their liqueurs. Being a woman who loves to try new products, I readily agreed! I liked them so much that I made one of their famous recipes: the Bomtini cocktail
Talk about delicious!!!
This time around, they asked me to try their new vegan liqueur called ‘Fully Baked’. Of course, I agreed.
What makes this delicious Bom Bom Fully Baked liqueur vegan?
It is vegan because they made it with hemp milk! And… it’s not only vegan, it’s also gluten free and all natural!
What are the Bom Bom Fully Baked liqueur’s ingredients?
Here is what it says on the bottle: “Premium Caribbean rum with hemp seed, natural brownie, cookie and other natural flavors, and caramel color.”
What does Bom Bom Fully Baked taste like?
If you like cookies – who doesn’t like cookies?! – you will love the taste of Bom Bom Fully Baked. It is also reminiscent of a delicious melted ice cream flavor. Visit Bom Bom’s website to read more about the company’s journey and to peruse their delightful liqueurs and recipes!
How to Make Dark Chocolate Truffles
Front and center is the Bom Bom Fully Baked liqueur! We also have butter, heavy cream and chocolate chip cookies. (My original idea was to roll some of the dark chocolate truffles in cookie crumbs. But after trying it with three of them, I decided I didn’t like them that way.)
Place 1 cup of chocolate chips in a bowl and set aside.
Heat a medium saucepan on medium heat and pour the liqueur and heavy cream into it and bring the two ingredients to a slight boil
Take the cream and liqueur off the heat and pour it over the chocolate chips
Add 2 tablespoons of butter in the chocolate mixture and stir until everything melts
Place bowl in refrigerator for 2 hours
Take a spoon and scoop a dollop of the batter into your hand and roll it into a ball
Place each ball on a parchment covered jelly roll pan
Place the pan of truffles in the fridge for an hour before rolling the balls in cocoa powder
- 2 ounces of Bom Bom Fully Baked Liqueur, 4 ounces heavy cream and 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Chocolate truffle batter melted
- Just out of the fridge with a spoon in it
- A dollop of chocolate truffle on a spoon
Tips for making dark chocolate truffles
- Even though it has hardened in the fridge, the batter will still melt somewhat when you roll it into a ball between your palms.
- You cannot store these dark chocolate truffles on the counter, they must be stored in the fridge.
- You don’t have to use your hands; you can use a small cookie scoop to shape the truffles.
No matter how many times I make truffles, my experience is always the same: they melt easily! But what can you expect from fudgy and gooey?
You can see that I rolled three of the dark chocolate truffles into the crushed chocolate chip cookies. The rest went into the cocoa powder.
Now let’s bite into one.
I hope you enjoyed this dark chocolate truffles recipe made with Bom Bom Fully Baked liqueur! They are super satisfying.
What is your favorite liquor-based dessert recipe? Let me know in a comment below.
Other popular chocolate recipes on Dishes Delish:
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this dark chocolate truffles or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
These truffles are soft, fudgy and delicious!
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Bom Bom Fully Baked liqueur
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter room temperature
- cocoa powder to roll truffles in
Add chocolate chips to a small bowl and set aside
Add heavy cream and liqueur in a medium saucepan and heat it up on medium/low until it comes to a slight boil
Add butter in with the chocolate chips and pour the cream mixture on the chocolate chip mixture. Use a spatula to mix everything together until it has all melted
Place bowl in refrigerator and let the batter harden for 2 hours
Either use a small cookie scoop to form the truffles or take some dark chocolate truffle batter in your hand and roll it into a ball. Place each ball on a parchment paper covered jelly roll pan
Place pan into the fridge and let harden again for 30 minutes
Place cocoa powder in shallow bowl and roll each ball into it
Tips to make these Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before attempting to roll them into balls
- They will melt a little if you roll them between your palms
- Refrigerate them for 30 minutes after you've rolled them with your hands. Don't roll them into the cocoa powder until after the 30 minutes.
- Keep them refrigerated unless you are eating them
- They won't last long