This chocolate peanut butter granola recipe is so satisfying! There is nothing like a tasty, crunchy sprinkle of this granola on your yogurt or even as your cereal in the morning! It’s so good!
I’ve always loved granola. I could eat it by the handful and I could polish off a whole box by myself in a few days. Yes, in “a few days.” Not in “one sitting,” as those of you who know me may be thinking. Though, I’m always tempted to do that.
Years ago, I didn’t eat granola often because I always seemed to be watching my waistline. Then I got out of the habit of eating granola. So sad! 🙁
My love of granola was re-ignited when I went on a business trip with my hub Christopher a few years ago. While he was being all business-like, I was doing what I do best by being all leisurely-like. One of the things I did was treat myself to breakfast in the hotel restaurant. But what to order?
What… to… eat?
I chose some yogurt with granola on it. The menu made it sound delish and I was not disappointed. This was NOT the granola that I grew up with. It was light and not overly sweet. Absolutely De-LISH. When we returned home, I decided to continue on the granola bandwagon and hunted for a granola that rivaled the one I had on that trip.
I found one that was sort of like the delish crunchy goodness I had stumbled upon, but I didn’t like how much fat was in it. Or how expensive it was. Sooooo, I started making my own.
Best decision ever.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
- How to stir separated natural peanut butter – Pour the oil off the top into a measuring cup, stir the remaining peanut butter and slowly pours the oil back in; all the while stirring it. Easy peasy. And it’s much better than having to be extra careful with it and slopping it over the jar and onto the counter.
- Use a large jelly roll pan and make sure to spread the granola thinly so it cooks evenly.
- I love using these sheets of parchment paper.
How to make peanut butter granola
Preheat oven to 325 and line a large jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Also get a large steel mixing bowl.
Gather the ingredients – oats, coconut, chocolate, natural peanut butter, nuts, chia seeds and chocolate bits.
Place all the ingredients in your mixing bowl. (Do you see me upside down in the reflection.)
Bake for 20 minutes. Take out of oven and flip the granola and bake for another 10 minutes.
Everyone knows how to eat granola but I like to point out some of the ways I love to eat it.
As mentioned before, I eat it on yogurt along with fruit. I also eat it by the fist full, errrrr, I mean, by the dainty little handful. I also combine it with regular cereal and milk.
Yum, it’s so delicious! I especially love it in yogurt because the chocolate in the recipe turns the yogurt chocolatey!
Other popular granola recipes
I hope you like this peanut butter granola recipe.
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Peanut Butter Granola | Crunchy Chocolate
- 3 cups oats (not instant or quick oats)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup olive oil (or grape, canola etc)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large bowl combine oats, cocoa, chia seeds, coconut and nuts
- Add the wet ingredients, peanut butter, maple syrup, olive oil and vanilla and stir it until everything is combined
- Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper
- Pour mixture in the pan and press down with a spatula or your hands
- Place in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Flip granola and cook for another 10 minutes
- After letting it cool for 10 minutes, stir in the chocolate chips
- Pour in a bowl after it cools completely
- Eat by the fistful