This watermelon infused vodka recipe makes a subtle but delicious tasting spirit! Not only is it so much cheaper to make at home but you control what goes into it.
Do you like infused vodka? My favorite infused vodka thus far in my many years of age is not this one.
Surprised, are you?
I do like this watermelon infused vodka, but I really love cherry vodka. That’s my favorite.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
- Use a good mid level vodka like Ketel One because you will usually make a cocktail that is mostly vodka so you need good quality since you’ll taste it.
- My recipes for the all my infused alcohol is sugar free. And fruit has a lot of sugar in it so it will be sweetened naturally.
How to make this infused vodka
Gather the ingredients – watermelon, vodka and a jar.
Get a 32 ounce ball jar and add watermelon into it, minus the seeds. Fill it all the way to the top.
Pour the vodka into the ball jar to meet up with the watermelon. It took about 2 cups of vodka to cover the fruit.
Screw the cap on the ball jar and place it into the refrigerator. Let it sit for a week. Take it out once a day to shake it.
You can taste it after a four days to see if the infused vodka is done but I find it takes a full week to be perfect.
This is what the watermelon infused vodka looks like after a week in the fridge.
As you can see, the watermelon shrinks.
Here is my warning to you. Do NOT eat the watermelon. If you do, you will find a spongy mess in your mouth. Best to just throw it away.
Here is the vodka after I take out all the watermelon!
Look at how pink it is!!
I hope you enjoyed this watermelon infused vodka recipe.
And as always, may all your dishes/drinks be delish!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Homemade Watermelon Infused Vodka
- 3 cups Watermelon enough to fill a ball jar
- 2 cups vodka use Good vodka, enough to fill the ball jar. Mine took 2 cups
Watermelon Infused Goodness
- Fill ball jar with watermelon chunks
- Pour vodka in it all the way to the top
- Cover ball jar and place in refrigerator for a week
- Remove watermelon chunks and throw away
- Make cocktail