This slow cooker boneless chuck roast recipe leaves the meat and vegetables tender and delicious. The beauty of this recipe is the slow cooker does all the work, while you reap the benefits!
Pot roast was the first meat I served at a dinner party. Sure, I’ve cooked meals for people but never for a crowd. And by crowd, I mean more than four people. I believe there were six of us. See? A crowd.
I wish I could say the whole meal came out yummy, but that would be a lie. I made carrots, oven roasted potatoes and pot roast. The carrots and the potatoes came out crunchy, not the way they are supposed to, but let me tell you, the pot roast came out superb!!
For that first dinner party, I used the same recipe I’m using today, but I cooked the roast in the oven instead of a slow cooker. That was the problem with the crunchy veggies – I had too many dishes in the oven. Luckily, we had rolls and a delicious dessert: my nana’s cake pan cake.
And I gave my guests a nice change. They really had to chew their vegetables, so they probably burned up more calories crunching on those darn things than if the veggies just melted in their mouths. (Aren’t I good to my friends?)
If I had a slow cooker back then, or crock pot as it was called, I think the carrots and potatoes would have come out perfectly. Or at least better than they did.
How to make a slow cooker boneless chuck roast
- Carrots, onions, potatoes, cream of mushroom soup, dried onion soup mix and beef broth
- The glorious boneless chuck roast
- The veggies and the meat in the crock pot – minus the potatoes
- The soups were added and the meal was slow cooked – the boneless chuck roast and veggies with broth cooked to perfection
I set the slow cooker on high for 4 hours.
After an hour, I plop the baby Yukon potatoes in the slow cooker and cover it again. I keep the baby Yukons whole, which makes for a nice chunky dish.
Three hours to go.
Time to take the pot roast out of the pot and put the veggies and gravy into a serving bowl.
I cut the string and then start cutting apart the chuck roast. Once it’s all cut up, I put it into the serving bowl to join the veggies and broth.
Time to plate some pot roast and we are ready to eat.
Mmmmm. Moist. Tender. Soft and scrumptious.
I hope you enjoyed this slow cooker boneless chuck roast recipe!
Please feel free to leave me a comment, what is your comfort food meal?
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this slow cooker boneless chuck roast I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Slow Cooker Boneless Chuck Roast
- 3 pound chuck roast
- 1 pound carrots washed and chopped into chunks
- 2 onions small, chunked
- 10 ounces Yukon gold potatoes small bag, washed
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used organic with no msg)
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Grab your slow cooker, place chuck roast in it along with carrots, onions, mushroom soup and dried onion soup
- Pour beef broth over meat and add salt and pepper
- Cover and set timer for 4 hours on high
- After an hour, open cover and add baby potatoes
- When the 4 hours are up, take pot roast out and cut it up
- Transfer contents of slow cooker to a serving bowl and add the cut up meat
- Serve in a shallow bowl