Nothing is as refreshing as a frozen cocktail. That makes this blue Hawaiian cocktail recipe a triple threat to other cocktails. It’s refreshing, pretty and delicious.
The fun thing about this cocktail is that you can make it frozen like this one or on the rocks. And even though both cocktails basically have the same taste you can enjoy them equally.
I’ve made this both ways and in fact, the first time I published the recipe, I made it on the rocks.
BUT, this is my favorite way to drink this delicious blue drink.
People think I’m ‘strange’ drinking frozen drinks in the winter months but I’m an equal drinking opportunity type of gal. One of the fun things is that it really makes you sip it, so the cocktail lasts a long time.
Also, you can hope and dream for the warmer months by making this cocktail. That’s what I do here in New England.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
- You can either use regular rum like I did in this cocktail, or coconut rum. I’ve made it both ways. I tend to add coconut rum in the summer and regular rum the rest of the year. Make it both ways to see which you prefer.
- I have mentioned this before, but even though the little cans of pineapple juice cost more than the big can, I buy them because unless I’m having a party, I won’t use the whole can and I hate wasting the juice.
- I like to garnish this with pineapple wedges. If you can’t find fresh pineapple, you can use chunks. I buy the plastic containers of fresh cut up fruit and it works fine.
- I also like to stick colorful drink umbrellas in the cocktail. It makes for a fun, festive drink.
How to make this blue cocktail
Cut a slice out of a fresh pineapple and cut the slice in quarters. Cut a slit into the narrow end of each pineapple wedge, so you can slide them on the glass rims.
After measuring out the ingredients, pour them into the blender container.
Gather the ingredients – rum, blue curacao, cream of coconut and pineapple juice.
Measure 3 ounces of rum. (A)
Measure 3 ounces of blue curacao. (B)
Measure 3 ounces cream of coconut. (C)
Measure 6 ounces pineapple juice. (D)
Add 1.5 cups of ice, cap the blender, and blend the ingredients until they are thick and frosty.
Don’t be afraid to add more ice to get the consistency you prefer.
Divide the liquid between the two glasses.
Place the pineapple wedges on the rims and add the jaunty umbrellas.
On the rocks with a lime wedge.
Let’s look at the vertical view of the frozen drink.
I hope you enjoyed this blue Hawaiian cocktail recipe.
Other refreshing cocktails
And as always, let all your dishes/drinks be delish!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Blue Hawaiian Cocktail
- 3 ounces coconut rum
- 3 ounce blue Curacao
- 3 ounces cream de coconut
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- In a blender container, add rum, blue Curacao, cream de coconut and pineapple juice
- Add ice, cap the blender and blend until it is thick and frosty
- Divide the drink between two glasses and garnish with 2 pineapple wedges and umbrellas (if you have them)
Original post published in September of 2017.