I love anything made with Bing cherries! So I especially love this Bing cherry cosmo cocktail recipe!
Bing cherries were my mom’s favorite fruit. I remember watching my mom’s eyes light up when cherry season rolled around.
Back then, cherries used to come in paper bags. My mom Claire would sit on her recliner in our parlor. She’d have an empty bowl beside her and I’d watch as she rolled down that paper bag. She would dip her hand in the bag and continuously pop a cherry in her mouth.
Of course, my mom would share her Bing cherries, but she’d get the lion’s share.
When cherry season rolls around, I eat MORE than my lion’s share. You know why? Because I can.
I’m a grown up. I can do whatever I want. As long as it’s legal.
I love being a grown up. Because that means I’m able to drink this delicious Bing cherry cosmo cocktail!!
Here are other cosmo recipes I make:
On to the recipe.
How to make the Bing Cherry Cosmo
Get your muddler and cocktail shaker. After measuring out the ingredients, pour them into the cocktail shaker.
Process shot for the BCC:
- The ingredients: vodka, Cointreau, lime and pitted cherries
- Muddle cherries in cocktail shaker
- Fill shaker halfway with ice and measure 2 ounces of vodka
- 1 ounce of Cointreau
- 1 ounce lime juice
Cap shaker and shake for 30 seconds.
Spear 3 cherries on a martini pick and strain the contents of the shaker in the martini glass. I also fish out some muddled cherries and place them in the martini glass.
Now, let’s look at the vertical view.
It is so delicious!
Other popular Cherry recipes on Dishes Delish:
I hope you enjoyed this cherry cosmo recipe.
Please feel free to Pin any photo to Pinterest, Yum the recipe to Yummly and leave me a comment. I dare you!
And as always, may all your dishes/drinks be delish!
If you’ve tried this bing cherry cosmo or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
- 5 Bing cherries pitted
- 2 ounces vodka I used Grey Goose
- 1 ounce Cointreau or triple sec
- 1 ounce lime juice (usually one lime)
- Place cherries in cocktail shaker and muddle them until they squished and the juices are expressed
- Fill shaker halfway with ice
- Add vodka, Cointreau and lime juice
- Cap shaker and shake at least 20 times
- Strain liquid into martini glass and fish out some pieces of cherries
- Place the garnish into the glass
I don't sweeten the drink because cherries are sweet.