This phyllo cream cheese lobster appetizer recipe is mouth-wateringly delicious! Seriously, it’s little bites of scrumptious, creamy lobster goodness in a flaky cup!
Are you an appetizer type of person? What I mean by that is, could you make a meal out of eating only appetizers? Or are you a person who could be satisfied with eating a few bites of appetizer but who would never make a meal of them?
I’m an appetizer type of gal. But I prefer an assortment to nosh from.
Here are some of the appetizers I could eat as my meal:
Yum. Just thinking about them makes me start drooling.
What is your favorite appetizer to eat? Leave me a comment as I’d love to know!
Usually I blog recipes that I’ve made 3 zillion times or I blog about a recipe that I test a few times before I deem it good enough to publish for my readers!
Well, this is the first time I’ve made this one. The reason I didn’t test it before posting it is because it’s based on another of my recipes that’s tried and true. I modified my warm crab dip recipe for this phyllo cream cheese lobster appetizer so that it’s different and still delicious!!
Aren’t I clever?!
How to make the Phyllo Cream Cheese Lobster Appetizer
(Tools: medium saucepan and jelly roll pan)
Step one: Gather the ingredients – lobster, freshly cooked bacon, cream cheese, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, horseradish, mayo and Worcestershire sauce.
Step two: Place cream cheese and mayo in the saucepan and set the heat on medium/low. With a butter knife, cut the cream cheese in chunks and stir as the mixture melts.
Step three: Stir in mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish and stir every few minutes to help it melt.
Step four: Cut up the lobster and shred some sharp cheddar and Colby cheese. Take out the sherry. I added white wine to the photo because I was going to use it, but I decided to only use the sherry because lobster pairs so well with it.
Step five: Once the cream cheese mixture has melted and combined, I add the lobster, bacon and cheese and stand there, stirring the mixture together until it’s melted and combined.
Cute Little Phyllo Cups
These phyllo cups are so awesome. I love to use them. They are fairly inexpensive and come in little boxes with 15 cups. If I were having a party, I’d double this batch and buy 30 cups, but since it was just Christopher and I, one box was enough.
Here is the lobster cream cheese mixture still in the pan and the cute phyllo cups behind!
Step six: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and fill the phyllo cups with the lobster cream cheese mixture. You can overfill them without worrying that the mixture will bubble off onto the jelly roll pan.
Step seven: Place the lobster appetizer in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
One thing I love about phyllo cups is that they always stay crispy. They are precooked so you can eat them straight out of the freezer if you’re filling them with something you don’t have to bake and as expected, they’re crispy. But even after filling them with the wet lobster cream cheese mixture and baking them, which I thought might make them soften, but they stayed crispy.
Phyllo Cream Cheese Lobster Appetizer is done
I plate the lobster appetizer and gather some other easy appetizers like chips and salsa and the lobster cream cheese mixture I couldn’t fit in the phyllo cups. You will notice it in the little glass bowl.
That’s the beauty of this recipe: it yields extra lobster mixture that you can eat by the spoonful, dip your chips into or slather over a bagel, bread or crackers.
I took this next angle because I wanted you to see my spread!! Notice the wine?
I hope you enjoyed this lobster appetizer recipe! It’s so delicious and perfect as a quick appetizer for your next dinner party!
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this Lobster appetizer or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Phyllo Cream Cheese Lobster Appetizer
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 block
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard I use Guldens
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 5 ounces or more of lobster meat fresh or frozen, cut up
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar shredded
- 1/4 cup Colby cheese shredded
- 2 slices pre-cooked bacon cut into small pieces
- 15 phyllo cups (15 count)
- Place cream cheese and mayo in medium saucepan and turn heat under it to medium/low.
- Let mixture melt a little before adding mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish
- Stir until melted and combined
- Add lobster, bacon, sherry and cheese and stir until combined
- Preheat oven 350
- Take phyllo cups out of freezer and fill each cup with lobster mixture (you will have extra)
- Place filled phyllo cups on medium jelly roll pan and bake for 10 minutes
- Plate phyllo lobster appetizers
- I used 5 ounces of lobster meat because that is what was in the container I bought
- Double it if you are having a dinner party or triple it if it is a big dinner or cocktail party
- The calories listed below are for ALL of the lobster cream cheese mixture; not just the lobster filled phyllo cups