This classic New York cheesecake recipe is so delicious that it will become your new favorite way to make it. It’s creamy and delicious, especially when you dollop a delicious sauce on top.
Creamy, dreamy and so very delicious! This is the second cheesecake recipe that I’ve published on this blog.
I still prefer my mom’s cheesecake recipe, but this is a close second.
What’s the difference between the two cheesecakes? My mom’s base ingredient is ricotta cheese. This cheesecake’s base ingredient is cream cheese. This one is firmer and less soft and creamy than Mom’s, but this recipe is what I think of when I think of a classic cheesecake!
It’s still creamy, just not as creamy. Got it?
I don’t particularly like super sweet ingredient-packed cheesecake. If I go for a cheesecake in a restaurant, I go for plain with some delicious sauce dribbled on it. What about you?
Let me know in the comment section as I love to learn about other people’s preferences!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make the classic New York cheesecake
Take the cream cheese and eggs out an hour before you start the recipe.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Gather the ingredients, room temperature cream cheese, eggs, graham crackers and butter.
Place 13 graham crackers in the processor and pulse until it yields 1 ½ cups of the cracker crumbs. Place them in a mixing bowl.
Place half of a stick of butter in a small saucepan and heat on medium/low. After it melts, pour it in with the graham crackers and take a spatula to mix them all together.
Transfer the moistened crumbs into the springform pan and press them down.
Also take the time to wrap the bottom of the pan with foil.
Blend it up
It takes about 1 minute, since the cream cheese is nice and soft.
Crack in 2 eggs and turn the mixer on, only mixing until everything is just incorporated.
Repeat with the other 2 eggs.
Get the flour, sour cream, milk and vanilla.
With the rubber spatula, fold in the flour, sour cream, milk and vanilla.
Mix the cheesecake batter until it is just incorporated as you don’t want to over mix it.
Bake for 1 hour.
Once the timer dings, turn off the oven and leave the door closed. Let the cheesecake rest in the oven for at least 3 hours, 5 is better.
Warning: the cheesecake will either crack or it won’t. In fact, I never know, it’s always a surprise.
Open the spring form pan to reveal the beautiful cheesecake. I gather my delicious cherry sauce and a plate.
Let’s cut a piece.
Let’s drape cherry sauce on that piece.
And now for a bite.
I hope you enjoyed this classic New York cheesecake recipe!
It is so good.
Other cream cheese recipes
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Classic New York Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs (about 13, processed)
- ½ stick butter melted
- 4 packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs room temperature
- ½ cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup flour I used spelt
- An hour before starting the recipe, take out the eggs and cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease 8 – 9 inch springform pan, line the outside of pan with foil
- Place graham cracker crumbs in the processor and pulse until they are crumbs
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on medium/low heat
- Add the graham crackers to a mixing bowl and add the melted butter. Mix with a spatula until incorporated
- Press graham cracker crumbs into springform pan
- Place cream cheese and sugar in a stand mixer and mix until creamy (1 – 2 minutes)
- Crack 2 eggs in mixer and mix until just incorporated. Repeat with the other 2 eggs.
- Stir in the sour cream, milk, vanilla and flour until just incorporated
- Pour into springform pan and bake for 1 hour
- Turn off oven and leave the door of the oven closed and let the New York cheese cake rest inside for 3 – 5 hours
- Get your favorite sauce or you can eat it plain