This layered pumpkin cheesecake bread recipe is so yummy that you will wonder where it has been all your life. Just imagine pumpkin bread sandwiching a rich layer of cheesecake lusciousness!
One of my favorite breads to eat is pumpkin bread. I love it. We always have it around the holidays but this past year, I’ve been making it year round.
Yes, pumpkin season comes only once a year, but I love that they have canned pumpkin which means I can make pumpkin goods year round!
What makes this bread so luscious? The warm taste of the spices and the dense creaminess of the cream cheese filling.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make this bread
Take out the butter at least an hour before starting the recipe.
Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Gather the ingredients – brown sugar, cane sugar, butter, pumpkin, two eggs and vanilla.
Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined.
Add ¾ cup of pumpkin puree and mix until everything is just combined.
Gather the dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and mix until incorporated.
Stir in the raisins.
Spoon half the pumpkin bread batter into the bread pan and transfer the rest of the batter into a bowl as you will need the mixer for the cheesecake layer.
Wash and dry the mixer bowl and add a package of cream cheese, sugar, an egg and vanilla. Mix until the ingredients are creamy and combined.
Spoon on top of the pumpkin layer.
Spoon the rest of the pumpkin batter over the cream cheese mixture.
Bake for one hour. Since all ovens are different, check after the hour and if it needs more time, add five minutes.
Let the bread cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the pan.
I take the bread out of the oven and let it rest on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan.
Look at the layers!
Then I let it cool for another half hour before slicing it.
I can barely wait, so I grab a small plate to serve a piece of this delicious pumpkin cheesecake bread.
This bread is so delicious! I’m sure it will be included in your sweet bread rotation!
Other yummy desserts
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ¾ cups spelt flour or flour of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
Cream Cheese Batter
- 1 block cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 F and grease bread pan
- In a stand mixer, add butter and sugars and mix until combined
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined
- Add pumpkin puree and mix until combined
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, do not over mix
- Stir in raisins
- Divide pumpkin batter in half and pour half in the bread pan
- Start making the cream cheese mixture
- Add cream cheese into mixer along with the sugar, egg and vanilla
- Mix until combined and pour into bread pan on top of the pumpkin layer
- Spoon the rest of the pumpkin batter on top of the cheesecake layer
- Bake for 1 hour, test and put in for more time if needed
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing
- Wait a half hour before cutting the pumpkin loaf into slices
- Plate a piece
- Eat a piece