This vegan lemon blueberry bread recipe is so tasty it’s one of my favorite breads. The lemon and blueberry flavors complement each other perfectly which makes this bread a great addition to any breakfast table.
I discovered this bread when we went to a coffee shop in Northampton (MA). It was a vegan lemon blueberry millet bread that Christopher and I chowed down the last time we were there.
And although I thought it was delicious, I didn’t really like the crunch of the millet. Not sure why. So, I decided to make my own version but without the millet.
Tips for making the Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Line pan with parchment paper for easy cleanup
- Use one bowl
- When making baked goods you usually start with the wet ingredients and add the dry ingredients but with this recipe, you start with the dry ingredients. Let’s shake it up peeps
- Let the bread cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing it
- Wait another 10 minutes before cutting with a serrated bread knife
How to make the Vegan Lemon Blueberry Bread
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a bread pan with parchment paper.
Process shots for the lemon blueberry bread
- Ingredients: blueberries, lemon, baking powder and flour
- Lemon juice, lemon zest, almond milk and dry ingredients in a bowl
- A bowl with dry ingredients in the bottom, wet ingredients on top, ready to be mixed
- Batter mixed and poured in the pan
Bake for one hour.
DING Means Done
- The bread all high just out of the oven
- Bread cooling on a rack, how it really looks in all its gloriousness 🙂
Time to cut some pieces and eat it!!
Let’s look at a different angle
It’s so moist and delicious!
I plate a piece.
I hope you enjoyed this vegan lemon blueberry bread recipe!
Please feel free to leave me a comment. What is your favorite sweet bread
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil or any vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon 2 - 3 tablespoons
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a bread pan with parchment paper
- In a bowl, add flours, baking powder, sugar and salt and mix the ingredients together with a spatula
- Add apple cider vinegar, milk, maple syrup, lemon juice, zest, vanilla and oil and mix the ingredients together until combined
- Fold in the blueberries and pour the lemon blueberry bread batter into the pan
- Bake for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack
- Slice bread
- Plate a few slices
- Eat a few slices