Cranberry Cosmo | Holiday Drink
I usually make this cranberry cosmo recipe at the holiday season! It’s a beautiful and scrumptious cocktail that should probably be consumed year round. So, let’s change things up peeps!
There are only three ingredients in this delicious cocktail. And the thing that is so amazing about this cranberry cosmo is that the beautiful color and wonderful flavor doesn’t come from adding cranberry juice. It comes from the homemade cranberry infused vodka.
I was thinking to myself the other day, why don’t I make this cocktail more? And then I realized that it’s because I make the cranberry infused vodka that goes into this cocktail just during the winter season.
Sooooo, this year, I am buying a bunch of bags of cranberries and freezing them so I can make more infused vodka which means I can make this drink year round!
Health benefits of cranberries
- Because cranberries contain antioxidants called proanthocyanidins, they help reduce the the ability of bacteria to adhere to the walls of the urinary tract. So, cranberries are said to help with urinary tract infections
- Proanthocyanidins are also anti-microbial so they help with preventing gum disease
- Cranberries are packed with fiber so they are said to help with digestion
- Cranberries contain a lot of vitamin C. One cup of cranberries contains 22% of the recommended daily allowance, so eating cranberries can boost your immune system
I’ve mentioned just a few of the benefits. If you would like to read more of how wonderful cranberries are, here’s a great article.
Love all things cranberry? Here’s a delicious cranberry pound cake that I’ve found.
What if I don’t have cranberry infused vodka, can I use store bought?
You sure can. But, if you do use store bought, then buy one that is not artificially colored or flavored. Buy a cranberry vodka that is naturally colored and flavored. That way your cocktail will be vibrantly colored like this one.
Do I have to use fresh cranberries and rosemary for garnish?
No, you don’t have to but it looks so beautiful and makes for a festive holiday cocktail. A good alternative would be a thin lime wheel, but it won’t have the same effect.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make the cranberry cosmo
Take out two martini glasses, two martini picks, grab a cocktail shaker and fill it halfway with ice.
After measuring out each ingredient, pour it into the shaker.
Take 6 fresh cranberries and place 3 on each martini pick. Also get 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary and set it all aside.
Gather the ingredients – cranberry vodka, limes and simple syrup.
Measure 4 ounces of cranberry infused vodka
Measure 2 ounces of fresh lime juice
Measure 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup
Cap shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
Strain and divide the cosmo between two martini glasses and place one pick of cranberries on the rim of one glass and the other inside the other glass. Add the sprigs of rosemary to the martini glasses and you are ready to taste this delicious cocktail.
Let’s look at the vertical view.
I hope you enjoyed this cranberry cosmo recipe and I hope you make it soon as it is so delicious!
Please leave me a comment, what is your favorite holiday cocktail?
Other holiday cocktails
And as always may all your dishes/drinks be delish!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
- 4 ounces cranberry vodka (homemade)
- 2 ounces lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1.5 ounces simple syrup
- 6 cranberries (fresh)
- 2 sprigs rosemary (fresh)
- Gather 2 sprigs of rosemary, spear six cranberries on two martini picks, 3 on each and set aside6 cranberries, 2 sprigs rosemary
- Fill cocktail shaker halfway with ice and add cranberry vodka, lime juice and simple syrup4 ounces cranberry vodka, 2 ounces lime juice, 1.5 ounces simple syrup
- Cap shaker and shake for 30 seconds
- Strain cranberry cosmo between the two martini glasses
- Set the picks of cranberries in the cocktail or on the rim of the glass and place a sprig of rosemary in each cocktail