This squash souffle recipe has been a family favorite for years. Even kids who don’t like squash clamor for this perfect side dish.
My cousin, Renee has made this side dish so many times that I’ve lost count. And I’ve enjoyed it every single time.
Do you know how when some relatives bring their signature dish and you cry a little inside because you don’t want to eat it yet again?
None of my family members do that with this dish. To me, it’s like the perfect side dish and even kids who hate vegetables ask for seconds of this creamy, fluffy squash.
She happily shared this recipe with me when I asked and I can’t even tell you how thrilled I am that I can make this whenever I want and not wait for her to bring it to a family gathering.
Just wait until you make it!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here
How to make squash souffle
Take out the frozen squash at least an hour before you’re going to start the recipe.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Get a baking dish and butter it. Set aside.
Gather the ingredients – squash, flour, sugar, butter, eggs and milk.
Place the butter in a small saucepan and turn the heat on low until the it has melted.
Pour the squash batter into the greased baking dish.
Bake for 45 – 50 minutes.
I’m sooo excited to eat it, so I grab a spoon and scoop some out.
I fill a bowl with the golden goodness. I plate the rest of my meal, which happened to be chicken marsala.
Yum, it’s so fluffy and delicious.
I hope you enjoyed this squash souffle recipe!
Other delicious side dishes
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
- 14 ounces frozen squash (1 package, thawed)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Take the squash out at least an hour before starting the recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter on medium/low heat
- In a medium mixing bowl, add thawed squash, sugar, flour, eggs, milk, melted butter and salt
- Whisk together all the ingredients
- Butter a medium sized baking dish
- Pour souffle batter in dish and bake for 45 – 50 minutes
- Spoon some on a plate or in a little bowl
- Serve with a main dish