This is my crazy good savory crab stuffed mushrooms recipe. So delicious and delicate tasting! Try them at your next get together!
We grew up in a two family house that my folks owned. The oldest two siblings were born in a different town and my parents moved to the new house when they were babies. The rest of us sibs were born in the new town after the move. My paternal grandparents lived on the first floor, while my family lived on the second and third floors.
My grandfather passed away when I was 4 and after that, my sisters and I took turns sleeping downstairs in my grandmother’s house to keep her company. We were well into our teenage years before I stopped sleeping down there. But while I did, I loved to sleep there.
Yes, of course it was fun to spend time with my grandmother, but the main reason, at least for me, was the fooooooooooood.
Nana used to give us things my mom didn’t serve. Here are three things I loved eating with Nana. I really could go on and on about her wonderful food, so I’m limiting myself to just these three.
- Vienna Fingers (the cookie) dipped in lukewarm watered down decaf coffee. Oh yeah!
- Hershey syrup that came in a can. Oh my gosh, pure Nirvana. I have to confess that I used to sneak into the fridge, uncap the can and suck the chocolate out of the can. Not sanitary and I’d never do it today . . . I think. But it was so decadent and delicious then.
- And lastly, crabmeat sandwiches. SCORE!!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make savory crab stuffed mushrooms
Here are some of the ingredients: Mushrooms, red bell pepper, garlic and butter.
I buy medium sized portobello mushrooms and start by cleaning the mushrooms and taking out their stems.
Next, I mince the stems along with 1/4 of the red bell pepper. I heat the sauté pan on medium, toss in the butter and add the minced veggies and the garlic once the butter has melted.
Let’s gather the rest of the ingredients, shall we?
This crabmeat is my new, go-to staple. I used to buy my crabmeat in cans, but I have since found this lovely brand. So much better! And don’t be deceived by that packaging. It can hold a lot of crabmeat! I only use 4 ounces in this recipe, which is half of the container. The rest of the crab goes into my belly in the form of a sandwich!
Some of the other ingredients are parmesan cheese, dried parsley, panko bread crumbs and bells seasoning.
I preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Let’s check back with the sautéing vegetables. It’s been around 8 minutes and they are done.
I take the pan off the stove and add the crabmeat, cheese, parsley, bells seasoning and panko bread crumbs.
I stir it until it is combined.
Start stuffing those ‘shrooms
I line a jelly roll pan with foil and start stuffing the mushrooms by taking a teaspoon, loading it with the crab mixture and placing it in the mushroom wells. I continue until all the mushrooms are heaped. Usually there is some stuffing left over, which I bake with the mushrooms. (It makes a lovely appetizer with crackers.)
Here they are, ready to go in the oven.
I liberally drizzle the stuffed mushrooms with olive oil and then place the pan in the oven for 25 minutes.
We are good to go.
Time to get out a serving plate an present the mushrooms for everyone’s viewing pleasure.
I need to eat them. Excuse me as I plate a few.
Oh, and cut into it.
Because I just can’t wait.
Another angle because you can never have too many pictures of anything with crabmeat in it.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Please feel free to leave me a comment. I read them all and answer them too. Also, Pin any photo to Pinterest and Yum the recipe to Yummly.
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this crab stuffed mushrooms recipe, I’d love the know what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Savory Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1/4 red bell pepper minced
- 10 ounces portobello mushrooms medium sized, cleaned and stems removed. Dice stems
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 ounces crabmeat drained
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon Bell’s seasoning
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil I dribble it on
- Heat a sauté pan on medium
- Add butter and melt
- Add minced mushroom stems, bell pepper and garlic and sauté for 8 minutes or until done
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Take off heat and add crabmeat, bread crumbs, Bell’s seasoning, parmesan cheese and parsley. Stir until combined
- Line a jellyroll pan with foil
- Take a teaspoon and heap the stuffing in each mushroom cap and line them up on the pan
- If you have extra crab mixture, place in a ramken and put it on the pan with the mushrooms
- Liberally drizzle olive oil over mushrooms
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done
- Place stuffed mushrooms on a serving dish
- Plate a few
- Eat a few