This cherry camembert grilled cheese sandwich is so delicious that it will soon become your family favorite. The sweetness of the cherries really complement the tangy taste of the cheese making for a great sandwich.
I’m so in love with these sandwiches. I wait all year for cherry season to come around so I can make this sandwich.
You could make it with frozen but it’s not the same. Nothing beats fresh cherries nestled snugly between two cheese-slathered pieces of bread. But, if cherry season is over, it will do in a pinch.
I love grilled sandwiches. They remind me of my grandmother. What about you? Who do they remind you of?
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make this grilled sandwich
Get a sauté pan. I’m partial to a cast iron skillet.
Gather the ingredients – Either fresh cherries or cherry sauce, camembert cheese and a good artisan bread.
Heat the sauté pan on medium.
Slice four pieces of bread off the loaf of bread and spread hunks of camembert cheese on the insides of all four slices.
Slather butter on the outsides of two slices and place them in the sauté pan.
Dollop some cherry sauce on cheesed up bread in the pan and place the other cheese-covered bread on top.
Most noteworthy, I don’t butter those second top pieces until the bottom slices of bread toast up.
I help the grilling process even more by using a bacon press. I place it on top of the bread.
If you don’t have one, just press down on the top slices a few times with a spatula.
The bottom slices of bread are toasted so it’s time to butter the bread and flip the sandwiches.
I replace the bacon press on the bread or you can push down a few times with the spatula and wait for that side of the grilled cheese sandwich to toast up as a result.
I cut the sandwiches and plate them.
Cheesy cherry goodness!
I hope you enjoyed this camembert grilled cheese sandwich recipe!
Please feel free to leave me a comment. So, what is your favorite sandwich? Certainly, I’d love to know!
One of my favorites is this ham and egg sandwich.
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Cherry Camembert Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 4 slices fresh bread I used artesan bread and sliced it myself
- 4 tbsp camembert cheese enough to spread over all the bread
- 4 tbsp Cherry sauce or fresh cherries pitted – you choose amount
- 1 tbs butter to spread on the outsides of bread
- Heat sauté pan or grilling pan
- Spread camembert on the four slices of bread, you choose the amount
- Butter outside of 2 pieces of bread and place in heated pan
- Spread cherry sauce or cherries on cheese
- Top with the two other pieces of bread, cheese side down
- Let bread toast and press down with a spatula or use a bacon press
- Once the bread is almost toasted, butter top slices of bread and flip sandwich
- Press down again with the spatula or bacon press and let it toast
- Slice sandwiches in half