This morning glory muffins recipe is so satisfying. It’s incredibly delicious and so hearty that having one with your morning tea or coffee will fill you until your next meal.
What makes these morning glory muffins unique and delicious are they have less sugar and oil than the typical recipe.
Every time I got one of these muffins outside of my home, I’d eat it and think, “These are too sweet and greasy.”
Have you noticed that? I’m here to tell you that you do NOT have to use a lot of oil.
Of all the muffins I make, these are the heartiest and most filling ones and a great breakfast option.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
How to make these hearty muffins
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin pan with 12 muffin cups.
Gather the dry ingredients – almond flour, spelt flour, cane sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and baking soda.
Add to the mixing bowl and mix them together. I use a pastry blender for that. I find it is perfect for the job.
Gather the wet ingredients – apple, carrots, eggs, oil, almond milk and vanilla.
I also gather raisins, chopped walnuts and shredded coconut.
Put the shredding attachment in the food processor out. Wash the carrots and apple and peel the skin off the apple.
Shred the carrots first and then add the apple to the processor. Set aside.
Add the eggs, olive oil, almond milk and vanilla to the dry ingredients.
Take a spatula and mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until they are just incorporated.
Add 1 ½ cups of shredded carrots along with whatever the one apple yields. It was about ¾ cup.
Add raisins, shredded coconut and chopped walnuts and mix until just incorporated.
Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Since I love big muffins, I fill the cups right up!
Bake for 20 minutes.
Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pans before removing them to a wire rack to cool.
Time to plate a muffin.
Now to break one in half so I can eat it.
I hope you enjoyed this morning glory muffins recipe!
Other scrumptious muffins
And as always, may all your dishes be delish!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog, I’d love the hear what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Morning Glory Muffins
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots (about 3 carrots)
- 1 macintosh apple (shredded)
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¾ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Put the shredding attachment in the food processor and add the carrots first and apples next. Set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, add dry ingredients and mix together
- Add eggs, milk, vanilla and oils and mix with a spatula until just incorporated
- Add carrots, apple, raisins, coconut and walnuts and stir until just combined
- Spoon batter into muffin cups filling to the top and bake for 20 – 22 minutes
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring the muffins to a wire rack