These easy air fryer sausages are brown and crispy on the outside yet juicy and flavorful on the inside. Finished in around 15 minutes, this is a surefire way to make mouthwatering Italian sausages every time!
When I was growing up, we used to have sausages a few different ways: in tomato sauce, with pasta, with peppers and onions, on sandwiches, and baked in the oven.
Ever since I made sausages in an air fryer, I wouldn’t make them in the oven ever again. The air fryer makes the sausages moist and delicious, but the best part is they don’t need any added oil, nor do they sit in the excess grease that comes out of the sausage.
They are perfect. I can’t wait for you to try them and see if you don’t air fry your sausages from that day forward.
This is one of my favorite air fryer recipes.
It’s a well known fact that I love my gadgets, whether they be technology or food related. My favorite gadgets at the moment are my air fryers. Yes, you read that right: plural. Right now, I have four. Two of them were given to me and the other two I bought. I use them all regularly, so I speak from experience!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
- I’m using an air fryer with trays as opposed to the basket type. With the tray type, you don’t have to flip the sausages midway through cooking.
- If you are using the air fryer basket type, you will have to flip the cooking sausages midway through.
- My tray type of air fryer allows for me to do this recipe in one batch, but if you have the basket type, you’ll most likely have to do them in batches.
- If you have the tray type of air fryer, you will take the trays out before you pre-heat the oven and add the food to the trays while the air fryer is heating up.
- If you have the basket type, you will leave the basket in the oven while it preheats. Once it does, that’s when you will add the sausages.
- We prefer sweet sausages instead of hot, but use which you prefer. All types of sausages made in the air fryer are delicious.
- This recipe also works well with kielbasa, turkey sausages, or chicken sausages.
- When you add the meat to the air fryer, make sure the side with the slits are facing up. This helps to keep the juices in the sausages which keeps them moist.
- Ideas for how to serve your sausages – with pasta, on hamburger buns, or sub rolls, or as the meat portion of your meal.
- You can store these sausages in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- You can reheat any leftover sausages in the air fryer as well. Preheat the fryer to 370 F, place the pre-cooked sausages in a single layer, and cook for 6 minutes.
How to make air fryer sausages
Get out your air fryer.
Get the ingredients – Italian sausages.
Take a sharp knife and make two shallow cuts into each sausage.
Take the trays out of the air fryer if you have that type and place the pork sausages on them in a single layer and with the slits facing up. You do this to keep the juices in the sausages which helps keep them moist and succulent.
Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit and set the timer for 13 – 15 minutes. Once the air fryer beeps, add the trays to the cooker. If you have the basket type, add the food once the fryer heats up.
The cook time for my sausages was the full 15 minutes.
The internal temperature of the sausages should be at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit. I check mine with an instant meat thermometer.
Let’s look closer!
Now to cut into one of the air fryer Italian sausages.
Doesn’t that look delicious?
I hope you enjoyed this air fryer sausages. They are so tasty.
Other air fryer recipes
And as always, may all your dishes be delish.
If you’ve tried this recipe, I’d love the know what you thought about it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of my delicious food and delightful cocktails!
Air Fryer Sausages
- 10 Italian sausages
- Take a sharp paring knife and put 2 shallow cuts into each sausage.10 Italian sausages
- Preheat the air fryer at 370 F. If you have the tray type, remove before preheating but if you have the basket type, leave it in when you preheat the fryer. Set the timer to 15 minutes.
- Place each sausage with the cuts facing up on the trays in a single layer.
- Once the air fryer beeps that it has heated up, add the trays with the sausages on them. If you have the basket type, add the sausages in a single layer with the slit facing up. Try not to have the sausages touch each other. You may have to do them in batches.
- After 7 minutes, if you have the tray type of air fryer, take the bottom tray and place it in the top slot, and visa versa. If you have the basket type, take a pair of tongs and flip each sausage.
- When the air fryer has finished cooking, open the air fry and check the internal temperature. It should be at least 160 degrees F.