What makes these tostadas a stand out is the delicious pork and the crispy flour tortillas. Kids and grownups equally love to build this delicious dish.
Servings 4 tostadas
- 4 flour tortillas (or corn - use as many as you like)
- 2 cups refried beans (pinto or black)
- 2 cups pulled pork (or as much as you like)
- .25 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup tomato (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons crema (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 F
Put tortillas on the jelly roll pan and spray olive oil on them and take your fingers and spread it around the tortilla. Bake for 5 minutes
Flip and spray more oil and spread it on the tortillas. Bake for 3 - 5 minutes. Stand at the oven and check after 3 minutes to make sure they aren't getting too browned
Spread refried beans on the tortillas
Add pork, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and crema if using it
Add more pork if you want to be like me
- You can make the pulled pork either the same day or even days before. The meat also freezes well.
- If I'm using my pulled pork from the freezer, I take it out the day before and let it defrost in the fridge overnight.
- I prefer flour over corn tortillas but use whatever you prefer.
- Get away from the conventional cooking spray and get a healthier version like olive oil spray. You'll be happy you did.
- When you bake the tortillas, I recommend standing at the oven and checking through the window to make sure they don't get too brown.
- The tortillas may puff up or bubble, but don't worry about it because once you start putting on the layers, they will flatten out.
Serving: 2tostadas | Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 1008mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 524IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 2mg