Gnocchi with Pancetta, Mushroom and Spinach
This gnocchi dish is so delicious it will become a family favorite!
Servings 6 cups
- 1 pound ricotta cheese full fat
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 - 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound Gnocchi recipe here
Pancetta and Veggies
- 6 ounces pancetta chopped
- 10 ounces baby portobello mushrooms sliced
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste or 2 cloves, crushed
Make the gnocchi according to these directions here
Set some water on to boil and salt it
Heat a sauté pan on medium, I use a cast iron wok
Add pancetta and sauté for 6 minutes or until meat has crisped up
Remove pancetta and set aside
Add oil, spinach and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes. Right before the veggie is done, add the garlic
Place veggies in a serving dish
Cook gnocchi, it only takes 5 minutes if that, when it floats, fish out of water and place in a serving bowl
Ladle some gnocchi on a plate
Add spinach and mushroom mixture over the gnocchi
You can make this vegetarian by just omitting the pancetta! I will add 10 minutes to the time for how long it takes to make gnocchi.
- You can use store bought gnocchi but it is so easy to make. Once you make your own, you'll never go back to store bought again.
- You can save time and make the gnocchi the day before or even weeks ahead. Gnocchi freezes well and only takes 5 minutes to cook even out of the freezer.
- You don't need a lot of water to cook gnocchi. I usually fill a stockpot with 3 - 4 inches of water.
- As you fish the gnocchi out of the water, add it to a bowl so you can drain it again of water before adding to the cooked vegetables.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 528kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 628mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2560IU | Vitamin C: 7.2mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 4.9mg